Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
kjbash74

Wanted Dometic over the range Microwave

I am desperately searching for a Dometic over the range microwave, one that has a vent. We bought our fifth wheel used and the microwave no longer works. It was a dotr12cbiv. The replacement microwave has to be no more than 22 inches wide. Really having problems locating something this size. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance
Old 11-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Re: Wanted Dometic over the range Microwave

That microwave was manufactured for Dometic by LG Electronics. Unfortunately, appliances, like cars and trucks are changed from year to year. Trying to find "that particular microwave" which was made in 2007 would be similar to trying to find a "new, never sold" 2007 car or truck. Dealerships just aren't going to have one on hand. It's possible that an RV parts store "might" be able to locate one for you, or at least a similar sized replacement.

You might also check "RV salvage yards" for one. They are "junk yards" (if you will) for RV's and those types of businesses make their money buying, disassembling and selling "used parts", usually at a discount. There are several listed in the "RV Parts Sticky" located here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12986

Have you considered removing your existing microwave, taking it to an appliance repair center to see if they might be able to repair it? If not repairable and you can't find a replacement of the same model, you might be faced with rebuilding/modifying that space and installing a replacement. There are several available with "shroud kits" to allow you to adapt them to almost any application. The end result is similar to what you'd see in most "current model RV's"....

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Pull Toy

If you have to go "new", consider upgrading to a combo Microwave/Convection unit. For a little extra $ up front, you'll pick up great versatility.

Most residential "over the stove units" have a vent feature incorporated into them. You might want to check an appliance dealer. It's going to be cheaper than an RV Store, bring your dimensions.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
bobbecky

https://jennair.com/appliances/details/JMC1116AS

There may be others, but this one popped up doing a search for 22 inch ovens.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
trueweb

I had the same issue. I couldn't find a replacement that I liked. The repair is easy if you're willing. You can buy a new capacitor, diode and fuse and probably have it up and running in less than 30 minutes.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
kjbash74

Thank you. I will have to check at an actual appliance store. We have been to all the camper places in Elkhart, camper capital with no luck. The microwaveis in such a tight spot, between a cabinet and fridge, that finding something 22 inches wide is nearly impossible. I do have a back up, I purchased what I thought I needed but it ended up being a counter top model. Oddly enough it had the owners manual for the one I want to buy, definitely wasn't what was in the box. My wonderful husband might have to build a shelf so we can enclose it above the stove.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
Cvn1980

Anyone still have one of these units laying around? I need one for parts. I only need the door latch board and switches. If anyone has one please send me a PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
cpaulsen

When our went out....I found one at a local discount store.....microwave/convection combo. It was about 1 1/2" narrower...but a couple of pieces of new molding fixed the problem.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #9
Cvn1980

I just need one for parts. Anyone have one?

Tags
dometic