Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
kevsha46

gettin ready for mt winter

bought my 2014 285 rks few months ago for my job I must stay in it 5 days a week I have read a lot of threads on skirting,extra heat and heat tape but im wondering about the windows and anything else I may have to do..with the so called cold mountain package .i will not be hooked up to city water but do have unlimited electric and propane and plan on keeping the fresh water tank full and use the shower and toilet.really enjoy the 5 wheeler and hope to continue doing so warmly.tks
kevsha46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
theeyres

As long as you have unlimited propane so you can keep the furnace going full-time you should be OK. Many people get that tin foily insulated stuff and cut to fit windows in the bedroom to help keep it warm. If you install skirting and insulation that will hopefully keep the tanks from freezing. How do you plan to keep the water tank full if water to the tap is frozen? Best advice is to talk to others in the park that are fulltiming and follow their advice.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
kevsha46

thanks for the advice/the tap ill be using is inside a heated building so ill only fill tank when needed hopefully this will work
kevsha46 is offline   Reply With Quote