Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2019, 07:22 AM   #14
Leatherman

I have the same macerator that B-O-B has. It works great.
There are some state parks I go to that only have a single dump station and the line is bad when everyone leaves at the same time.

I can just bypass the line and drive home. I use it to dump into my home septic system uphill and about 60' away. The motor is very powerful and has no issues with pumping uphill that distance.

I left the 12v battery clips on mine and connect it directly to the battery on the TT. I did not want to go the kitchen disposal method because if I dumped elsewhere from home I may not have 110V available to power the unit.

If you catch these units on sale you can get them for less than $200.

My unit does get warm so it can overheat (this has not happened to me yet). Follow the instructions in the package and do not let it run for longer than specified in the instructions). Never walk away from it while running (as with anything dump related I guess).
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote