Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
kjdj

Slide leak ?

Hello. Reader of this great forum since may of 2017 when we got our cougar 283retwe.
First time posting.
Had a strange leak appear near the forward edge of the street side coach slide during a rain storm. Upon investigation, there appears to be something that looks like a small cup on either end of the slide below the floor level that can be seen by pulling the edge of the carpet back.
Should there be drain holes in these ?
What could they even be there for ?
Seems like if they fill up the only place water could go is inside the trailer. Thanks in advance for any advice.
kjdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Tbos

If you can post a picture it might help!
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
shermris

Our Keystone Bullet had a significant leak on the front of the slide during a heavy 2 day rain storm. This was only our 2nd trip with a nearly new trailer but we found water running into the slide and along the floor into the front bedroom. I checked outside and the seals seemed fine, when I checked inside I noticed that the front slide pulley mounting block had pulled away from the wall and water was running in behind the plate and down to the floor. The unit was returned to the dealer for warranty repairs for what they said was an manufacturing defect. They put in longer screws and did a pressure test for water leakage. Two months later the plate pulled away a second time. This time the plate was replaced and additional mounting screws were added; it now seems to operate fine but we have not encountered another rainstorm like the one that led to the discovery of the mounting plate issue. I have considered adding a slide awning to protect the top of the slide but have not done so yet. I don't know of any drain holes in the bottom of the slide. The seals should prevent rain from entering during a storm. You may need another rain to determine where and how water is entering your unit. It is important to keep the inside floor free from water leaks because water will lead to breakdown and failure of the floor material, leading to soft spots. If the water was coming from another source such as leaking water lines you would notice water rain or shine. Check your seals and bring the unit in for a pressure water test if you continue to have problems.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #4
kjdj

Thank you for the replies. Its not a very good pic, it is in a awkward location and i have never posted a pic before, hope it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_145221.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	19608  
kjdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
Topglock

We added a slide topper to our bullet a week after we bought it new.Over the last 3 years we’ve been through some pretty bad storms with heavy rain and never had a drop of water inside. What I’ve noticed before on ours sometimes when I run the slide out the outer seals stick in. I have to run my finger up and pop them out. If you missed that it could be a serious entry point for water.

2015 Keystone Bullet 272bhs
Topglock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide