Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
tommy_z

Furnace flame out after few seconds

I'm giving my Dometic furnace a shake down and find that it shuts off prematurely.

Blower comes on, I get ignition, I hear the flame for a few seconds, then the flame goes out. I confirmed HOT air at the exterior exhaust vent while briefly running. 3 tries and it's done.

Propane is full. Running on shore power. No other issues.

Can't get to the board to see the code LED without removing unit. Thought I'd try ya'll first.
tommy_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

When I had that exact same problem I had to replace the control board I believe. Others have spoken to the issue so hopefully they will chime in.

If you are in dire straights I could power down the unit and it would ignite and run if I recall but once it shut down it would go through the 3 ignitions, ignite, blow stop.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
tommy_z

Since the unit is so serviceable (sarcasm), I decided to keep cycling it about 10 times, and it finally started working right. I think disconnecting the lines to the tank might have allowed air in. Or I wonder if there is a small leak.
tommy_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

The igniter/ flame sensor may have been the issue. Hope it keeps working

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
liv42day777

I had the same during spring camping. I finally decided to pull the burner unit and discovered the burner screen covered with rust and debris which prevented the flame from striking the flame sensor. The burner screen is made out of stainless steel and was easy to clean with a wire brush and should be considered as part of your annual maintenance. My furnace has been working great since the cleaning.
liv42day777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace