Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #21
Jca3

Nothing to it

Our dealer moved our table in our Laredo because it was centered with the window but that was too tight for anyone but a skinny person to sit on one side. They recommended they do it so we wouldn't unravel the rug when pulling out the screws. The chairs have a tie down. A vinyl strap that clips around the legs and the table pedestal. Have traveled thousands of miles and never have a problem with the chairs. Other than clipping them in place we don't do anything else. No pool noodles, laying them on the floor etc. We took two out since we didn't need 4 and it gave us more room.
Jca3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #22
crk112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jca3 View Post
Our dealer moved our table in our Laredo because it was centered with the window but that was too tight for anyone but a skinny person to sit on one side. They recommended they do it so we wouldn't unravel the rug when pulling out the screws. The chairs have a tie down. A vinyl strap that clips around the legs and the table pedestal. Have traveled thousands of miles and never have a problem with the chairs. Other than clipping them in place we don't do anything else. No pool noodles, laying them on the floor etc. We took two out since we didn't need 4 and it gave us more room.
Now I'm curious... and I apologize for the topic drift.. what does the dealer do differently to prevent the rug from being unraveled when taking the screws out?
"The Cabin v2" 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Fastway e2 round bar WDH
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #23
Jca3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crk112 View Post
Now I'm curious... and I apologize for the topic drift.. what does the dealer do differently to prevent the rug from being unraveled when taking the screws out?
He just said he has seen people who pulled a string and unraveled a strip in the rug because the screws are very long. We said, "sure by all means you do it." They took care if it for no charge before we took possession. Have no idea what was different other than they knew how to prevent it before it happened.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #24
travelin texans

A new rv tech career with specialized training, a "screw unscrewer from carpet"!
Wonder what it pays??
Sounds better than working on anything black tank related!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #25
Jca3

Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #26
crk112

Haha that all makes sense now.. I thought they had some fancy way of doing it that they could nickel&dime on. I suppose if they screw up the carpet it's on them to fix/replace right?
"The Cabin v2" 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Fastway e2 round bar WDH
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #27
MarknLeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinaz View Post
Just curious. Not that I'm OCD or anything ... but, if you have a 3400RL with the dining room table still screwed into the floor... how far from the slider walls is it screwed down??
3/4 inch to the outside slide wall
MarknLeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #28
BrooksFam

I cut a small X in the carpet with a utility knife before installing screws. This has been effective in preventing the carpet from wrapping around the screw when driven in or out.
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

When drilling and placing screws or bolts thru carpet I use two tools. First I locate the hole, or where I want to drill a hole, with a scratch awl tool. Then I take my soldering iron with a conical point tip that I only use for this purpose to open up the hole. This will melt thru the carpet and "seal" the perimeter of the hole preventing it from unraveling or catching on a drill bit or screw thread.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote