Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #21
mikell

Good luck? it's our 3rd winter in it
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #22
michael

Awsome im wishing i was in mine right now.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
ResearchPhase

Geo:

Matt, if you want to PM me, I can answer any questions you might have from my own adventures into the Alpine underbelly.

Thank you, Geo. I will decline and keep that trump card in my pocket for future use! I will do my homework first and research the forums so I can at least ask intelligent questions! Thank you!

Festus2:

Keystone would like you to believe that this means that these units are packed with insulation and will be able to withstand prolonged periods of freezing temps on their own. This is simply not the case and extensive modifications and upgrades will be necessary before that will happen.

Thanx Marshall Dillon--umm....I mean Festus. ;-) I appreciate the brutal honesty. Seriously.

SAABDoctor:

Hi there i have owned 3 montana's loved all three.

Thanks for the input.

Terry W.:

We are on our 3rd Keystone Product

Thanks for the input.

T-Bone:

We're on our 2nd Keystone, had an Outback 230rs and now just moved to a Fuzion 315.

Don't get me started on the Fuzion! Whew....a dream coach (per MY tastes.). I really like the idea of a toy hauler. I don't plan on hauling toys, but love the concept of the garage. I want a small rig but the Fuzion 260 doesn't have what I'd really like....a wall and door separating the garage. If I tried making a Fuzion "Canada-Proof" it would HAVE to have that wall and door. I also looked at the Seismic, which Jayco obviously made specifically to compete with Fuzion.

I hate to admit but I was turned off by Arctic Fox because their website sucks. But once I got past that, MAN...what a quality construction! ...especially the wood products. Went and looked at one, too. In frame and roof, Keystone doesn't even come close.

But Keystone has something that I think beats out all the others...superb sex appeal. The layouts, interiors, storage and gizmos are enough to hypnoitize any man. And they know it! Everything tells me I should get an Arctic Fox...but I think this "fast" decision I was hoping to make will have to be put on hold while I do some more research.....including reading what Geo has to say here about insulating.

Thanx to all for the amazing feedback!
ResearchPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
mikell

Just an FYI it's 26 outside and my heatpump is still keeping the place warm. Not sure if it's because it's under 2 feet of snow or what
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
rnkburg

Fusion makes a 300 tag toy hauler with a door separating the garage, there is also another level up with two slides.

I thought all the 5ers had a door. My raptor has a door and it seals it off very nicely but I don't stay in near as cold as you

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
MrAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W. View Post
We are on our 3rd Keystone Product. We statred with an Outback 25RS, then into a Sprinter 300KBS now in an Avalanche 330RE. I guess it's like cars and truck you become connected to one brand or another
Terry - I'm looking at various 5th wheels (Alpine, Montana, Avalanche) to mate with my '12 F350 CC SRW 4x4 8'bed PS truck. I've been trying in vain to find out how close pin weights in the sales brochure match the real world pin weights with battery, propane, and factory-installed options. I need to keep under 2800lb. Have you weighed your unit? It is listed as 2300lb in the brochures. If you have weighed it, did you add any options that impact the pin weight (such as bedroom A/C)?

Thanks. Andy
MrAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Terry W.

Hey Andy
We pull with a 2006 F250 2WD crew cab short bed. I added super springs, cold air intake and Hypertech tuner. Thencamper does have the second AC in bedroom. The only time I went to the scales was the second trip out loaded with all kinds of stuff including a folding Coleman gill and 6x6 for under legs just stuff. The rear axle weight of truck was 3020 more than without camper
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote