Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #21
Theoldroaddog

I have a 2016 Impact 361. I used a new device on my truck called Haul Gauge. Check out HaulGauge.com. Also can be purchased on Amazon. The trailer with full fresh water tank and full fuel tank and no vehicle in the garage, Haul Gauge put my pin weight at 2K pounds. Unless going to an actual truck scale this is pretty close.
Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #22
C130JSuperHerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldroaddog View Post
I have a 2016 Impact 361. I used a new device on my truck called Haul Gauge. Check out HaulGauge.com. Also can be purchased on Amazon. The trailer with full fresh water tank and full fuel tank and no vehicle in the garage, Haul Gauge put my pin weight at 2K pounds. Unless going to an actual truck scale this is pretty close.

Cool
Did you verify on a scale?
C130JSuperHerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #23
Theoldroaddog

I have not been to a scale yet. I will update when I get to one.
Theoldroaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #24
C130JSuperHerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoldroaddog View Post
I have not been to a scale yet. I will update when I get to one.

Great. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #25
bubbubouy

We have a 2018 Impact 351 and it scaled 3230 lbs. tongue weight at the Pilot by my house. That was loaded for camping, clothes, pots & pans, food, 1/3 tank fresh water, rzr in the garage, so on.

I will mention that I can not tell the difference in the truck with the garage empty or with the rzr.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #26
AbHDToyHauler

I did what you are looking for last year and for the same reasons. I reasoned that when both our bikes are loaded we should lighten pin weight. Our bikes (Her Trike and my Streetglide) combined weigh about 2100 lbs. I have set the biker bar mounts in the garage to be staggered as that is what works best for loading. My water tank is right over the axles pretty much. I planned (and subsequently did) to carry minimal water (for bathroom only) while hauling our bikes. I went to a highway scale (here in Alberta Canada we have free weigh scales that you can pull onto and check weights. I first weighed truck with full tank of fuel and fifth wheel hitch (mines a slider so heavy) and myself and wife in cab. Front axle then back axle. Then I hooked up trailer with usual camping stuff and minmal water but no bikes in garage. I was about 200 under my max pin weight (based on new weight taken). Then I loaded bikes and check it all again. Took about 400 lbs off pin weight if I remember . I have it all written down somewhere and I realize it's not very scientific but it worked for my piece of mind. Also my Fuzion tows fantastic empty (even in winds and semi's passing) and fully loaded. This year will go to a Cat scale and re-do. If I find my numbers (actual) I will post them here for you. Hope that helps. My garage cargo max is also 2500.

PS: That was towing it up through the Rocky Mountains and over into Montana . She handled like a dream. Fifth wheels are the best. And an Exhaust brake is amazing.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:15 AM   #27
C130JSuperHerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHDToyHauler View Post
I did what you are looking for last year and for the same reasons. I reasoned that when both our bikes are loaded we should lighten pin weight. Our bikes (Her Trike and my Streetglide) combined weigh about 2100 lbs. I have set the biker bar mounts in the garage to be staggered as that is what works best for loading. My water tank is right over the axles pretty much. I planned (and subsequently did) to carry minimal water (for bathroom only) while hauling our bikes. I went to a highway scale (here in Alberta Canada we have free weigh scales that you can pull onto and check weights. I first weighed truck with full tank of fuel and fifth wheel hitch (mines a slider so heavy) and myself and wife in cab. Front axle then back axle. Then I hooked up trailer with usual camping stuff and minmal water but no bikes in garage. I was about 200 under my max pin weight (based on new weight taken). Then I loaded bikes and check it all again. Took about 400 lbs off pin weight if I remember . I have it all written down somewhere and I realize it's not very scientific but it worked for my piece of mind. Also my Fuzion tows fantastic empty (even in winds and semi's passing) and fully loaded. This year will go to a Cat scale and re-do. If I find my numbers (actual) I will post them here for you. Hope that helps. My garage cargo max is also 2500.

PS: That was towing it up through the Rocky Mountains and over into Montana . She handled like a dream. Fifth wheels are the best. And an Exhaust brake is amazing.

Thank you. Please let me know if you find the tickets
Old 03-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #28
AbHDToyHauler

There were no tickets per se. It's an open but accurate scale you drive on with each axle and do your weighing and write it down yourself. It's an unattended unit. Which is nice cause you can play and try things without anyone getting upset. So long story short from my notes with the two harleys loaded in garage the pin weight on my Fuzion dropped by 350 lbs. I hauled it to scale and wife and my son rode the bikes there. We tested with no bikes, one bike and both bikes. That was result with both. Hope that's useful.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler