Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #21
Duramike

It is an add on to existing gps apps. It adds a list of low clearance bridges to the map as POI. I use it with Google Maps but I believe it is compatible with most. This is what google maps looks like with the low clearances marked in blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3039D78E-679F-479B-989E-682D030B3ADA.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	16281  
Duramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:41 AM   #22
Reitz

Try CoPilot GPS, available in an app for ipads or iphones, or android devices. All devices need built in GPS, but you do not have to have cellular service on them. We have used it while visiting every State in the continental US,and Alaska in the past 15+ years, using an ipad. Settings available for car or RV. Can also set height and propane restrictions. Maps are downloaded to your device, so after setting it up you do not need to use cellular data or wifi along the way. It does work better when trying to find POIs if you have some sort of data service available. My ipad does not have cellular service, but I can link it to my cell phone when I need data to find a certain POI.

I also suggest you look into RV Trip Wizard. While we don't use it for GPS it is great for trip planning providing mapping and distances from one stop to the next, with campgrounds, Elks Lodges, along with many other POIs needed by RVers.
Reitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:24 AM   #23
Frederick

I use the Rand McNally RVND 7735 with life time updates .. Like it very well makes it easy to locate camp grounds while traveling .. Not sure if this model still sold but like an GPS I dont care what brand anyone has the all make mistakes found this out from talking to other SB in AZ
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote