Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Obes22

Leak

We have had 2 significant rainfalls in the last week. Both times I’ve found a puddle in the bedroom right next to the wall. I can’t find where the water is coming from. It’s not coming from the ceiling or the windows, but seems to be forming on the floor. Does anyone have any issues like this or any idea where it would be coming from. We have a brand new 2018 Keystone Premier 34BHPR.
Obes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

The water may be walking down inside the wall. Make sure your bedroom windows are draining via the little cut outs in the frame. Make sure the seal is seating properly. You will have to get up on the roof to ensure all penetrations over the bedroom are sealed well with Dicor self leveling goop and then check the seal over your cabin side edge that runs over your end cap. Even a little gap can leak and find its way into the bedroom.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Steveo57

I had a similar problem and found the water was coming in through the pass thru storage access doors. Mine were screwed in through the door frame sides and the water was coming in thru the screw holes that weren't sealed. If you can get inside the pass through storage and have someone spray water you might see it leaking. The water just ran onto the floor and ended up puddling on the floor by the bed.

Tags
leak