Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 05:23 AM   #1
SAABDOCTOR

Fresh water tank leak

I need some advice. My fresh water tank has a good size leak. I started to fill it got about 10 gallons in it and the the flood came. it is coming out of the right side. i id not get a chance to look up to see anything it was raining hard and the ground was muddy. My question is is there a plug or a fitting on the right side of these tanks? I drained the tank before winter and put 1 gallon on pink in the tank. there is not a lot of room bettween the tank and the frame. I know the drain and sensor and fill are on the left side. any thoughts and help would be most wonderfull as changing the tank looks ugly. the camper is a 2010 montana fl3750. thanks
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
I need some advice. My fresh water tank has a good size leak. I started to fill it got about 10 gallons in it and the the flood came. it is coming out of the right side. i id not get a chance to look up to see anything it was raining hard and the ground was muddy. My question is is there a plug or a fitting on the right side of these tanks? I drained the tank before winter and put 1 gallon on pink in the tank. there is not a lot of room bettween the tank and the frame. I know the drain and sensor and fill are on the left side. any thoughts and help would be most wonderfull as changing the tank looks ugly. the camper is a 2010 montana fl3750. thanks[emoji144]
We found that the hex head screws that attach the support straps to the crossmembers were rubbing holes in the tank. Put some light gauge tin in between the tank and the screws.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
Lee

Hi,

Had the same thing happen to mine that jsmith948 describes.

I got Keystone to replace mine even though warrante was expired.

I used a strip of 1/8 plywood as a shim with recesses cut into it at each screw head to mitigate the problem from happening again.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:28 AM   #4
White Water

I have a new 2017 Montana 3921. Mine leaks as well when it is filled up more than half way. It’s in the shop now for warranty work. Hopefully they will figure it out and Inwill report back. I’m a little Leary though. They said my unit was ready for pickup. I asked about the fresh water tank and they said that the tech found no issue. I insisted they try again. We will see!!
White Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
White Water

So, I called Camper World to check on progress. And of course, they could not make it leak. I’ll be going over there tomorrow to show them what I did to make it leak.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:34 AM   #6
White Water

Picked the camper up. camped for a quick over nighter. Filled the tanks, ran the pump. No leak. Go figure. It did rain really hard the night before I noticed the water in the basement. Ill be looking for bad seals perhaps on the basement doors.
While it was at camper world, they hit the back cap and had to do body and paint work. And now the front left Jack sqeaks really bad.

Tags
fresh water tank, leak, tank, water