Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2018, 03:27 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
IMO the RV trailer industry just follows the basic rules.

Tire balancing is a product of the tire industry. If the tire brand manufacturer does not include tire balancing in their warranty package, there is no other requirement, that I know of, that would require the trailer manufacturer to have the wheel/tire assembly balanced.

Most of the new tires have a colored dot system. Most of the OEM providers are mounting the tires to wheels that have corresponding dimples for tires with colored dots. They are also using 100% nitrogen inflation gas, identified with green valve stem caps.
So, is it not a requirement in the auto industry? I think the only reason is because it can't be felt. The rear suspension on any leaf spring truck is better equipped to handle unbalanced tires as the springs are tempered by shock absorbers. JMHO any rotational component should be balanced. As for those red dots on the sidewall, it amazes me how many I see not aligned properly on vehicles that obviously (by age of vehicle ) are sporting non OEM tires.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires