Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2024, 05:32 AM   #1
Jmendez

Gravity fill port location

Hi, I just got a Keystone Arcadia 3660RL and I need to gravity fill my fresh water tanks, but I have no clue where the port is. This is my first RV and any help would be appreciated.
Jmendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 06:51 AM   #2
jxnbbl

I don't have an answer for you but I know there are some trailers with 'fancy' water fills that eliminate the gravity fill that I'm use to. Why do you need this?

The reason I ask is the only time I can think of absolutely needing this is to add water from an external tank if dry camping someplace. If you need to to add something for sanitation there are other methods....for instance I usually sanitize my water system at the "house end" of my fresh water hose by pouring the bleach into the hose prior to turning on the water and slowly fill the hose to somewhat let it mix and then sit in the hose for 30 minutes before connecting to the tank.

If off base, sorry just curious.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
Jmendez

We are full time living and are hooked up to a friend’s house. Their water main burst. We’ve lasted for 4 days so far with our tanks full (I filled them in case the pipes froze so we’d still have water). I have filled an external tank that is in the back of my gf’s SUV, but now I need to fill the camper tank with it. Also, I don’t have a truck to pull the camper yet, so I can’t just tow it somewhere else for a few days nor do I know anyone who would do it as a favor.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:17 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If your city water inlet has a handle to switch between TANK FILL and CITY WATER, then it wont have a gravity fill. You can use a pump that attaches to a drill and fill the tank that way, just make sure the pump is rated for Potable water.

you will need a pressurized system to fill the tank.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:28 AM   #5
Jmendez

Thank you! I’m going to Lowe’s rn to pick one up and try that. I’ll let you know how it works out.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:18 AM   #6
Martian

The other way that may be slower but requires no pump is to take the vent screen off of the fresh tank vent and fill through there.

2018 Ram 1500 crew cab, 2020 Cougar 22RBS
Just the two of us on the roam with our two Jacks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 01:58 PM   #7
bobbecky

I use a transfer pump from Harbor Freight. They work great and you can get them in either a 12 volt DC model or 120 volt AC. Our rig has both gravity and the fill feature, but when filling from a 40 gallon bladder, the pump can work on either port. I’ve filled other rigs that don’t have gravity fill and can fill their tanks just as fast as with a garden hose at the fill valve port.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote