Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
ALANTRIPP

Smile Jumping in with both feet

I have not bought my RV yet but am looking seriously at a Keystone Raptor 3612 DS/TS. Though I have not stayed in one yet it seems like the perfect rig to me. I am newly single and will retire in January. I'm not sure about all I'm going to do yet but a large part of it will be traveling.

Some things I'm kicking around are:

Buy a large piece of land in the mountains of Maine and build a campground. Stay there in the summer and travel south in the winter.

Take the 10 week RV technician course in Florida and offer my services wherever I travel.

Just buy the RV and stay on the road all year. Fishing, sightseeing, meeting new folks, etc.

Any input on the Raptor would be welcome...

Alan

They all sound like fun!
ALANTRIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I can't give you any thoughts or advice about the Raptor but I can and will welcome you to our Forum. A comment about offering your services in campgrounds..... public or private. Somehow, that may be difficult if you plan to hang out a shingle or display sign advertising your service to the campers as I think you would not be allowed to conduct a commercial, private business within a park or campground. But the concept is a great one! Wouldn't it be a great way to retire if you could do all of those things you mentioned. I especially like the fishing option. Might be a good idea to talk to RV folk who are full-timers --- I am sure they would be able to provide you with lots of valuable information. I believe there are a couple of websites devoted to full-timing in RV's....might check those out as well. Enjoy.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
icefireguy

My Wife and I stayed at a rv park two weeks ago nearby us here in FL, and there was a fella there with his rv repair van who said he lived full time there in his rv and was always fixing something for someone. Guess it matters where you are.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
gypsy10

Fixing RV's

Stayed at a large campground in Rapid City, Sd. Met a guy who went to school to fix RV's. I have never seen anyone so busy. Have to get on a list and wait until he had time to fix your RV. He stayed up North in summer and went down South for winter. It probably takes time to get established, tho.

Tags
campground, raptor, rv technician, social networking