Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Bowline

It's good to be back to RVing!

After a 30 year absence, my wife and I are back to RVing! Retirement is sweet!! We recently purchased a 2010 Cougar 27RLSWE travel trailer from a local dealer. We tow with a 5.7 liter Toyota Tundra long bed 4 by 4. So far, so good! There have been a few minor problems that the dealer corrected - mostly gaps in sealant in the water heater and external stove compartments. There was a defective thermostat in the oven, which has been corrected.

We took our RV to Lava Beds National Monument for a couple of days last month and had a great time. So far, build quality appears very good- especially the interior wood work. Compared to the old 1972 Wilderness 17' trailer we sold 30 years ago, the new trailer is a palace. The old unit had wooden frame construction and was forever leaking. The interior was a sea of plastic.

My wife and I have been retired for 2 1/2 years, and have been having a great time. We have cruised our 26' trailerable sailboat extensively in the San Juan and Gulf Islands of Washington and British Columbia - a 30 day trip last year, and a three week trip this year. The boat feels very confined compared to our trailer. The boat meets our needs with shore power, lots of LED lighting, solar power, an enclosed head (bathroom), and a compact galley. Only problem is I can't fully stand up in it! This led to a painful neck on our first extended cruise.

We are planning to take our Cougar trailer to Death Valley in February of '10 for a week. Hopefully, this will be the first of many great trips!
Bowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum ...... but I'm jealous ...... I still have to work for a few more years .... oh well. Enjoy your new trailer and keep us posted on your travels. This way I know where I want to go when the DW lets me retire. Have fun, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote