Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2015, 05:29 AM   #1
limit4

TV Reception

on our 2013 26 sab we are having very little luck getting a t.v. station. Camped in a spot we have always had good reception with our old camper we get nothing. Remote is working fine and antenna is all the way up.thanks for your thoughts. I have checked all connections.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Check this recent thread concerning the same problem:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22698

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
GaryWT

Most places we go we use cable but when there is no cable it is hit or miss. I think some is now that everything is digital you need a stronger signal or something. Some places we are lucky if we get one channel. Don't forget your booster.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Cougar1957

Turn your booster on, and also you have to set the TV to scan for new channels every time you setup in a new place. We always get at least five channels even in pretty remote locales.
Cougar1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
buzzcop63

Our Travel Trailer came with the Winegard Sensar IV HD Antenna, which you crank up and then can turn to tune in stations. We added the Wingman to increase signal strength. Next I installed the Winegard Sensarpro TV Signal Meter, which replaced the standard power supply and acts as a signal strength indicator, adjustable amplifier and wall plate power supply, it added specific search modes, eliminating guesswork. Also found a foam rubber clock, like the one you might use to train your kids how to tell time. I cut out the center with the hands and placed it over the ceiling crank so that once stations are found you can mark down their location then when you wish to change the direction of the antenna for a specific station or group of stations you know exactly where to turn the crank to align the antenna. Also the following web sights will allow you to put in the zip code of the location you are going to camp at and it will show the RF number and stations that can be viewed by your antenna and the strength of their signal and location to give you a better chance of locking on. And last I found that once the Sensarpro TV Signal Meter locates the most stations I let the TV search and lock in those stations, the TV seems to pull in more then I get by just selecting the channel. Be aware that not all stations are the common ones you are used to, many have an RF number like 45 and will represent channel 12 or Fox on the signal meter.
http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx
https://www.tvfool.com/modeling/
Old 07-09-2015, 05:15 AM   #6
Campntwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcop63 View Post
Our Travel Trailer came with the Winegard Sensar IV HD Antenna, which you crank up and then can turn to tune in stations. We added the Wingman to increase signal strength. Next I installed the Winegard Sensarpro TV Signal Meter, which replaced the standard power supply and acts as a signal strength indicator, adjustable amplifier and wall plate power supply, it added specific search modes, eliminating guesswork. Also found a foam rubber clock, like the one you might use to train your kids how to tell time. I cut out the center with the hands and placed it over the ceiling crank so that once stations are found you can mark down their location then when you wish to change the direction of the antenna for a specific station or group of stations you know exactly where to turn the crank to align the antenna. Also the following web sights will allow you to put in the zip code of the location you are going to camp at and it will show the RF number and stations that can be viewed by your antenna and the strength of their signal and location to give you a better chance of locking on. And last I found that once the Sensarpro TV Signal Meter locates the most stations I let the TV search and lock in those stations, the TV seems to pull in more then I get by just selecting the channel. Be aware that not all stations are the common ones you are used to, many have an RF number like 45 and will represent channel 12 or Fox on the signal meter.
http://antennaweb.org/Address.aspx
https://www.tvfool.com/modeling/
Using the clock hands is a great idea. Wish I had these links last month on our trip to Florida. For our quick overnight stays, we don't set up our satellite. We found some interesting channels.
Texas Aggies - Gig'em

Campntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
GaryWT

Seems like a lot of work. If you find stations in one direction and the move it, we would have to rescan the channels. Each scan takes at least a few minutes if not ten. If we are not hooked up to cable, we play a little at the beginning of the weekend but will watch dvd's if we do not get much.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
kfxgreenie

Certain TV's will allow you to manual tune a channel (LG). With the help of the Antennapoint.com you can manually enter the RF CHANNEL #'s you are looking for and rotate the antenna until you get signal. Once enough signal the channel will "lock in" and you go onto the next one you may want. We have the elcheapo TV that came in the 327RES living room, but i bought a 24" LG for the bedroom just for this reason. The autoscan is all fine and dandy until you need to point in different directions. I did try a JACK and got worse reception than the sensar, which I know is opposite as most, but the wingman did help a lot. Little screwy things happen in the RV as well, in our 327res with the bathroom fan on the reception is null.
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote