Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #21
Pmedic4

Good example of something else wrong with wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
Reverse polarity can also mean something is going wrong. Two weeks ago I was at a park and my progressive industries unit started reading reverse polarity in the middle of the night after. Being hooked up for two days. Checked the pole with my meter and both sides of the plug were showing voltage To ground so something happened. Switched poles and got similar readings. Waited until the next day and it was normal again. That place ended up frying my auto former and my ems. Progressive was great sent a new board out to repair the ems. Still waiting to find out about the auto former.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Good example of something else wrong with wiring being caught with your monitor, surprised it didn't shutdown the power? If you measured voltage from both the neutral and the hot side of the plug to ground, you could have been getting 240 volts to your 120 RV volt circuit, but the question is how much was the voltage on the neutral to ground - 1.5 volts is probably normal, but in heavily loaded circuits( Campground on a hot day with AC's running?) the voltage from neutral to ground could maybe 3-4 volts? You really need to use a multimeter and measure the actual voltage, as one of the simple 'voltage' detectors may show just the 3 volt difference so it showed energized.
Personally, if the circuit had both >110-115 volts would have shown the CG owner(host, etc.) the condition, and explain why you expect some compensation.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
Rickmuzick

Sale

Camping World has the 30 and 50 amp in-line (not hard wired) on sale right now.

I just picked up the 50 amp for $94.00 (US) marked down from $169.00

Make certain you buy the lock box for an additional $25.00 if you don't want your surge protector to grow legs.
Rickmuzick is offline   Reply With Quote