Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
RubyDually

Montana High Country 343RL bedroom slide issue

Hi, brand new to this forum here....

On the bottom of the bedroom slide on our 2012 Montana HC 343RL there is a plastic sheet that shattered on us when in storage last winter. This sheet covers the entire bottom of the slide where the rollers supporting the slide run over it when the slide it extending/retracting.

Keystone sent me a new sheet but suggested I take the trailer to a dealer or service center as they said the slide will likely have to be removed to change out the sheet.

My question are:

Has anyone had to change this sheet on their HC and did the slide have to be removed to do so?

What kind of hours labour am I looking at to remove and replace the slide?

I have a couple of other issues but will post other threads for those.

Thanks.
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
WaltBennett

There's been a few posts on this issue on the MOC forums. Several people just used staples and Gorilla tape, but I think someone did have to have the slide pulled to replace the plastic. No idea what the cost was. They've still got problems at ForumCo (the host for the forum) so I don't know if the search function works to find the posts.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
RubyDually

Thank you Walt I went over to the MOC and found the thread you mentioned. Search engine worked BTW.

The others over there mentioned it so I'm leaning towards cutting out the bad section and fitting in the new stuff myself without having the slide removed.

2014 Chevrolet 3500HD 4X4 DRW CCLB LTZ D/A - Transfer Flow 40 gallon Toolbox/Tank combo
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote