Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
ftm

Hot Water Heater on Raptor300

On the water heater in my Raptor 300, on the control panel there is a switch that says LP gas in the up position/reset and down appears to cut it off. If I want to run it on Electric Only, do I turn the switch to on and the out side switch to on or cut the inside switch to the off position. This is all new to me and is kind'of confusing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
canesfan

The red LP gas switch on the control panel is for LP, the black rocker switch on the water heater itself is for electric. You can use one or the other or both if you need fast recovery time. To run it on electric only turn the red control panel switch off and the black switch on the heater on. Make sure there is water in the tank before you turn them on.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
ftm

Thank you so much, I must have a bad element as with the outside switch in the on, and the inside switch off I have no hot water. If I run LP I can get hot water. Thanks for the quick reply
ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftm View Post
Thank you so much, I must have a bad element as with the outside switch in the on, and the inside switch off I have no hot water. If I run LP I can get hot water. Thanks for the quick reply
Besides the switch outside on the actual water heater, make sure the 120VAC breaker in on in the Power distribution panel. in my 300 it is left most breaker labeled HW in the panel
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
canesfan

x2 on what PARAPTOR said.