Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #21
Campy

We purchased our new camper last year in September and it is a 2014 but has many 2015 features that are not in the 2014 models? Weird.......
Old 03-25-2015, 11:00 AM   #22
NotyetMHCowner

As far as the Montana High Country units go, from what I have tried to gather, they stop production around the end of the year to the beginning of the new year. In 2014, they are producing 2015 models. After all the changes are made at the first of the year, they are still 2015 models. After April or May, they get "approved", make necessary small changes to the units, then call them 2016 models and start producing them.

We looked at several 2015 Montana High Country 305RL units last year and they were all pretty much the same except for some small stuff like some of the sofa beds had two cushions and had a regular pull out bed while some of the later ones had the foam style pull out bed with three cushions.

But the "new" 2015's that are rolling off the line now (and have been for a few weeks) are totally different. They are 4" narrower, 13" longer, have a totally different bedroom closet, bedroom slide, bathroom linen closet, kitchen hutch, axles, wheels, etc. They shouldn't even be called 2015's, they are the "new" 2016's with a 2015 model year.

We expected a few changes, but this is ridiculous. Now, I like most of the changes, but the DW doesn't like any of them! Haha
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #23
Minnow

A lot of times, the RV manufacturers will use up whatever materials they have in the early run model year change overs. That is why you'll see fabrics and cabinent finishes that are "no longer available" in the new model year RV. If I was ordering a new unit I would specify in the purchase agreement some language such as "final purchase subject to inspection of delivered unit based upon specifiications provided by dealer at time order was placed" That way if the new RV comes in and is not what was ordered, you have an out.
Minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:04 PM   #24
Kim

I have a '2013' 318SAB
I took a tour of the Cougar 5er line at the Keystone factory in March of 2014. Interesting as Montana has its own "factory".
When they got to the the ceiling assembly it was different than mine and in talking to the tour guide that I have an outlet in the bedroom ceiling right outside the bath door. I also have the cabinet that would be for a small TV.
He said that the ceiling/roof might be a 2014 and the rest of the trailer a 2013.
He called a "Tween" - in between model years. parts of both.
So I call mine a 2013/14 but it is listed as a 2013 built in 2012.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote