Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
vjm1639

Hello from Northern Virginia

We're "almost" Keystone owners. We put a deposit down today for a new 2011 Cougar X-lite 27rls to be ordered. Now the wait..... Patience is NOT my virtue. Both DH and I have camped for many years starting with tents, moving to popups, the hybrid was a couple years ago, and now we're ready for the full hard sides. Can't wait to have it home!

Vicki
vjm1639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We know the wait will be worth it! Think of it as Christmas in August. Welcome to the Forum and glad you decided to join us. Wishing you many successful and enjoyable trips in your new Cougar X-lite.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
vjm1639

Thank you so much! I must say though...I'm sitting here with DH reading all the warranty and service issues and it is quite frightening! I know there are issues with most campers, but wow....it would be nice to hear a few stories of things GOOD !
vjm1639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

The forum has heard all of this before........new members who have just purchased or are about to purchase a Keystone RV and who have read all of the horror stories about Keystone, its products or Keystone dealers.
I don't want to discourage members from responding to your concerns so as to reassure you but let me try to summarize what has been written about so much and so often before:

1) some people like to complain and need an audience. They like to tell other people about their horror stories.
2) some people don't like to complain and remain quiet. They are happy with their purchase and don't see the need to tell the world about it.
3) relax ---- and try not to let the negative comments from a few get to you and cause you needless angst and worry.
4) In a perfect world, we would all buy an RV without one problem, without a flaw and where everything works perfectly - every day, year round. We all have things that go wrong from time to time. If you have owned an RV before, you already know that.
5) Relax.
6) Before you write out that cheque and drive it away, make sure you have a pre-delivery inspection checklist with you and go over everything! Once you are satisfied that everything has passed your thorough inspection, then and only then you should part with your money.
7) Relax some more.

If you are asking to hear good stories from those of us who are happy with their Keystone product, please take the time to look at all of the posts and I am sure you will be able to find many positive, encouraging ones that are not frightening at all.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
Agent 405

Festus 2 is right. People LOVE to complain!

I bought a new Keystone then found this forum and like vjm1639 I was worried.

After two months the only problem I've had is that the fuel tank is slow to fill. Other than that nothing.

We are very happy with our new Fuzion.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
kenn209

Congrats on the new Cougar!! We love ours! So far only one minor issue was a piece of loose trim. Looking forward to our next trip once the heat breaks!!

kenn209
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote