Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
Ruffus

2nd Time Around

Hello to all. We've been out of the RV world for about Ten years. Our last adventure was with a 90 Ford Ranger pulling an 18.5 ft Yukon Fifth wheel for 200,000 Miles. Now we are looking at retirement and full timing for at least a year. Just purchased a low mileage 06 SB CC F250 TD. We are headed for the Florida Super RV show in two weeks with high hopes and espectations. I have a lot of questions and hope for feed back.
Ruffus (Jim & Sharon B.)
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum Jim and Sharon! Flyguy has an excellent PDI guide which you will find useful and you can download it from his website. He will, I am sure, come on here soon and give you specific instructions on how to access his website. If he doesnt, let me know and I can give you directions. This document will give you a valuable tool and checklist if you are buying an RV. Feel free to ask all the questions you want - I am sure you will get lots of feedback from our members - some of whom are full-timers.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Hello to all. We've been out of the RV world for about Ten years. Our last adventure was with a 90 Ford Ranger pulling an 18.5 ft Yukon Fifth wheel for 200,000 Miles. Now we are looking at retirement and full timing for at least a year. Just purchased a low mileage 06 SB CC F250 TD. We are headed for the Florida Super RV show in two weeks with high hopes and espectations. I have a lot of questions and hope for feed back.
Ruffus (Jim & Sharon B.)
Ruffus, Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the RVing community. I have always towed with a long bed truck so I have no first hand knowledge of slider hitches that many people say are necessary with a short bed. I do know that my 07 Cougar came with an extended pin-box and rounded nose that gives much more clearance than older 5ers. You can see what I'm talking about in my signature photo below. I'm sure that someone with a SB and slider can jump in and be of more help. They say that Fla. show is a good one but be sure you get what YOU want and don't make any hasty decisions. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
K&Gs3400RL

Slider Hitch

I have a 04 Ram Short Bed with a slider hitch and I rarely use the slider. With that said tho I wouldent own a short bed without it. It has helped on several accasions when backing into a tight spot.

George

Our New 3400RL 9/17/11

K and G's 3400 RL
2004 Ram 3500
And 5 dogs, Dusty, Sassy, Jasmine, MoJo and Scooter
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
Flyguy

You can find the PDI form here: http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-Deli...0Checklist.pdf Welcome to the forum.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote