Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
Craig M

will 110 charge

I have a Laredo 293SBH that I leave plugged in to the house 110 outlet when I'm at home. Will this charge up my bettery adequately? I don't run the air or anything but maybe just cool the refrigerator down before we hit the road.

Thanks
Craig M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Javi

yes it will be careful to check the water in the battery every couple of week..
Old 07-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
Craig M

That's what I thought. The dealer that I bought the camper from wouldn't replace the battery under warranty even though I bought extended warranty and it was less that a year old because they said the battery wouldn't charge using 110 and it needed to be plugged in to 50amp. Instead they offered me a new battery at a "discount" price of $115. I opted to get a new one from a little store near home for $92 instead. THANKS GENERAL RV!!! The masters of squirming out of work
Craig M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
SkiSmuggs

You can tell yourself with one of these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=inno...iCC7CYchphU%3D
A charging battery will show above 13 volts. A full battery that is not plugged in will show 12.6-7 volts. Twelve volts is considered dead.
I like the Innova 3721 because it is so easy and convenient to use from inside your camper.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #5
ChuckS

I might suggest instead of plugging in and running the main rig inverter instead buy one of these
http://m.harborfreight.com/12-volt-d...ger-61911.html

Or this
Deltran battery tender

Either will charge and maintain your batteries with no worries of over charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:09 AM   #6
jimmyv13

Keeping the trailer plugged in will cook the battery. I have gotten into the habit of disconnecting the battery when the trailer is plugged in and reconnecting while traveling. I like the idea of a maintainer while in storage, never thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

I have had trailers for well over twenty years and all of them have been connected to shore power 24/7/365. (Not while traveling of course) If your converter is working correctly it will not cook the battery. Just check electrolyte levels regularly. The warranty on your battery should have been from it's manufacturer and pro-rated for it's age ...... less than a year, a few dollars at most. Everything ac in your entire trailer is 110v, so whether you are plugged into 50amp, 30amp or 20amp your converter/charger should work as long as it is receiving power. The adapter you are using may not be feeding both legs of your 50a service and the converter may be on the side that is not energized. (this is what your dealer may have meant) JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote