Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2015, 06:37 AM   #1
SkiSmuggs

Interest Holding Tank Issue

After dumping the tanks on my High Country 299RKS, I turned off the water at the pedestal, opened the built-in sprayer valves to relieve pressure before disconnecting the hose. Down the road, DW asked me to pull over so she could use the facilities. She came out a while later asking what was going on as the pump ran continously but no water. I check the fresh water indicator that had registered 1/3 full earlier and it showed empty. Then I found that I had left the black tank sprayer valve open! I check the black tank indicator and it showed 2/3 full. It seemed like it emptied a lot of water in a short period so I wonder if there could have been gravity flow as well while driving down the highway.
Any experience or thoughts with this?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
Javi

The water pump in my Cougar is about 4 gallons a minute..
Old 07-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
The water pump in my Cougar is about 4 gallons a minute..
That would do it! I have the Shurflo Revolution and that is 3 GPM.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
hankaye

SkiSmuggs, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
After dumping the tanks on my High Country 299RKS, I turned off the water at the pedestal, opened the built-in sprayer valves to relieve pressure before disconnecting the hose. Down the road, DW asked me to pull over so she could use the facilities. She came out a while later asking what was going on as the pump ran continously but no water. I check the fresh water indicator that had registered 1/3 full earlier and it showed empty. Then I found that I had left the black tank sprayer valve open! I check the black tank indicator and it showed 2/3 full. It seemed like it emptied a lot of water in a short period so I wonder if there could have been gravity flow as well while driving down the highway.
Any experience or thoughts with this?
Are you saying that your fresh water system is tied into the Black tank flush plumbing??? That doesn't sound very healthy to me ... Just asking' ...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
SkiSmuggs

As long as it only pumps one way, I'm good with it.