Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
FlyFishingFool

Does anyone have a Laredo 297SRE Fifthwheel

I just bought a 2015 Laredo 297SRE FW and would like to know if anyone else owns one (i'm sure somebody does). I will be making my walk through with the dealer shortly and would like to know whether or not you like yours and if you found any problems. This will be my first new FW so I am about to get totally initiated in dealing with a dealer at purchase. DW loves the looks and can't wait to bring it home. But I have been telling her to slow down and lets make a through check because this is our one and only chance to have them make it right. So let me know all the good and bad. Thanks
FlyFishingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new fifth wheel. If you haven't downloaded the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist, you might want to check it out. You can find it here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

I think most members would agree that the dealer plays perhaps the most important part in the purchase of an RV. Having a dealer who believes in and practices customer service is paramount to your future enjoyment. Since you have already purchased your RV, I would assume that you have "checked the dealership out" and are satisfied that you will be looked after before, during and especially after the sale.

When things go wrong (and hopefully they will few and small) will your dealership go to bat for you in dealing with Keystone? Almost always, Keystone will refer your problems to the dealer and it is what he does with those problems that is crucial. Some dealerships have a better working relationship with Keystone than others and hopefully yours is one of those who works well with Keystone and will get things done for you in a timely manner.

This is especially important during the first year warranty period. Remember that Keystone is not under any obligation to fix or replace things for you after that first year. So as you pointed out, get it right the first time, do a comprehensive inspection and take your time doing it.

Best of luck in your walk through and in the future.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
FlyFishingFool

I will not be taking it back to the Dealer after I drive off the lot (Does not have a good report for helping after you buy. Just great prices.) I have a great relationship with the CW in our area and have all ready talked with the Warranty person and since they sell Keystone products have no problem taking care of any problems that might arise after the walk thru. I just will not take delivery until all problems are fixed from the walk thru. Hopefully there will not be any problems.
FlyFishingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

You're lucky that CW has indicated that they will do warranty work for you even though you didn't buy it from them. Many dealerships do not perform warranty work if you didn't purchase the RV at their place.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
Wawhoss

don't sign

Do your walk thru and get everything fixed before you sign anything! Mine sat at a CW in Hammond, La for 5 weeks waiting on parts.
Wawhoss is offline   Reply With Quote