Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
Tonybka

Skirting question

[/I]

I am new to the forum. I have freeze up issues that I addressed in a previous post. Thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking about skirting the fifth wheel to help with the freeze up issues, as I will be continuing my Pipeline work during the winters. Do they really help? I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it. The company that custom makes them in Colorado is only about nine hours from where I am now. Thanks for your input.

Tony
Tonybka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
hankaye

Tonybka, Howdy;

On my way from central Utah to Southern N.M. I routed myself to the folks
you mentioned in Co. Call them and see when they have some empty spaces
on their schedule. Call the Park that they work from and schedule a
sight (some are sorta tight). When I arrived they came to the site, took all
the measurements then disappeared. About 24 hours later they came back,
screwed all the turn fasteners in and hung the skirting ... perfect fit. All
numbered and a 'map' for when you forget how it went. Have NOT had any
problems with the skirting. Very pleased customer , .

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #3
WaltBennett

While I don't know about them, I can testify as to the worth of skirting. I full timed for four years in a 30' TT. After fighting freezes the first winter, I made my own out of particle board. Wasn't allowed to have anything permanent or attached to the trailer (don't ask me why), so I made the pieces to fasten to each other and be tight against the bottom edge. Worked very well and had no more freezes and a much warmer floor in temps to -5 for three winters.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #4
jrp

yes they work. in extreme lows you may need to add a small heater under the rig, inside the skirted space.
we always made our own from a variety of materials available at any Home Depot type store. no frozen pipes at -20 F
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote