Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2014, 05:12 AM   #1
Nick & Gia's Trailer

Angry Water pressure

I'm a little confused right now. I have a 2013 Cougar Xlite 29RBS, and my water pressure goes from a trickle to full flow. Pressure at CG is fine. It will start as a trickle, I turn off water, when I turn it back on again it has good pressure and flow.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Note: Guess who catches hell for this when DW is in shower with a had full of shampoo and no water?
Reese 16k slider 5th wheel hitch
Nick & Gia's Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Charlie,

You didn't indicate whether you're using a regulator (and what kind), whether you've got the 12VDC water pump turned on or off, if it's only the shower or all the faucets, and what the pressure is from the campground faucet, does this happen at "ALL" campgrounds or just the one you're currently at? Has it always been like this? or has it just started? Has anyone changed anything on your water system? possibly added a filter or accumulator to the input? All of those things can affect water availability, so more information would help with recommendations.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
GaryWT

Probably different but ours will actually turn the water off. We turn the water on and sometimes you can see the know turning slowly and the water turning off so you have to turn the faucet again so it will stay put. Happens quite often but usually fine the second time.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
kellydog98

In line with JRTJH, does it only effect the Hot / Cold water, or both? I've also got to believe there's no holes or tape on your hose. All your drains under your rig are closed. Is your Hot water tank completely full? Check for air in the Hot water tank at the pressure relief? If you have an outside facet/shower, is it intact? Good Luck and happy hunting!

kellydog98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
Nick & Gia's Trailer

water pressure

To answer some of the guestions, I due use and outside water filter (CAMCO) and a water regulator. There are no leaks in the water hose and all lines have been checked and fittings are tight. No changes to any of the tanks and I do not use the water pump.

This happens at all campgrounds not just this occasion and it is on both the hot and cold lines.

I will check the hot water heater pressure relief next time out for air in the tank.

Thanks for all the replies.......
Reese 16k slider 5th wheel hitch
Nick & Gia's Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
Desert185

Have you pulled the filter to see if the pressure/flow fluctuations occur without it?
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I would guess your filter or your regulator is causing the restriction and varying water pressure.

I'd start first by removing the filter and using your RV for 24 hours, then if it still has the symptoms, it's likely your regulator.

The reason I'd start with the filter is to protect your water system while troubleshooting. There's no need to expose your RV to high pressure unless it's absolutely necessary and in this case it isn't. If the symptoms continue with the filter out of the loop, then buy a $10 regulator and use it to protect your system while you've got the old regulator out of the supply line.

Many times, a clogged filter will vary water pressure as the demand for volume goes up, and many times a regulator will plug with mineral deposits and stop working properly.

One or the other is most likely your problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote