Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Pursuit

Keystone Alpine Awning Question

I am 5th wheel newbie with a question about an electric awning.

I purchased a 2013 Keystone Alpine 3450 RL this past October. We basically set it in our site at the park on the day of delivery and haven’t been in it since.

I have a question about the electric awning.

I noticed that when the awning is extended, it has a sharp incline from top to bottom. (45 degrees roughly). I have a deck that needs to be put back in place. At its current height, (the deck) I would be hitting my head on the awning’s roll bar.

My question is, can the automatic setting be adjusted to less of an incline when extending the awning, or do I have to manually adjust this each time I extend it? (Assuming it can be adjusted upwards).

Thanks
Old 02-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
mr.windows1

I have the same type of scenerio you are talking about, I have a electric awning on our Montana on a seasonal site also there is no way to raise them up other than not rolling them out all the way but I would not recommend that you can pull them down lower by loosening the knobs and manually pulling down on an end and retightening the knob, mainly in rain type events to lower one end or another otherwise I don't believe there is any way to do what you are trying to do, you just have to remember to duck when leaving your deck, good luck.
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote