Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Nick & Gia's Trailer

Tire Storage

I believe I read somewhere, forum or T/L Magazine, that when you store your RV that the tires should be insulated from the ground, black top, or cement. Mine will be on black top. If yes, is wood OK or should plastic be used.

Any information or comments would be appreciated.
Reese 16k slider 5th wheel hitch
Nick & Gia's Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Justvisiting2day

Exclamation tire storage

If I were to and many will say all others.. I would prefer to use my plastic blocks,as they have drainage. More importantly is the usage of wheel covers to block the sun.

Combined no water flowing under and block from the sun , you should be good for a long time.

Make sure you , before storage each year pull the hubs and give the bearings a look and a bit of fresh grease. Re-torque nuts and the lug nuts also. Then make the air up to pressure. Oh and don't forget to have your batteries full charged or on a small tricle charger, really helps....

Thats my 2p
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote