Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #21
lesleyinky

John from NC

Sounds like a wise decision! Can never be too safe!

So many of us have realized after the RV purchase that the existing TV may not be up to par and hence we trade. I️ laugh when I️ think about a huge dealership in Cincinnati, OH that sells new RV’s and new GMC trucks. I️ asked a salesman once how many people come in there to buy a camper only but leave with a new truck as well. He laughed and would only say more that you’d probably expect. [emoji23][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVMasterChief View Post
Hey busterbrown and sourdough,

Your posts followed my line of thinking concerning tow vehicles. The new 330BHS was always going to hit or exceed the Ford’s specifications. My wife and I finished signing the paperwork for the new Bullet on Friday and pick it up next week, assuming the PDI goes well. The Ford has been traded for a 2016 Ram 2500 HD Laramie Mega Cab with the Cummins turbo diesel. It’s a great truck with a decent ride even when unladen. I’m looking forward to taking the new combined rig out safely and soundly as soon as we can and I appreciate your words of advice. Thanks again.
Welcome, and good choice of TV. A couple of things I would do, Make sure the WDH has a 2 1/2" Shank. A 2" shank downgrades the trucks hitch plus it has more slop. Make sure the trailer is level after hitching up, you have a tall truck and receiver. Learn to use the tow/haul mode and turbo exhaust brake. Your OEM trailer brake is unlike others and needs to be set up. (Check your owners manual) I would think Heavy Electric and a soft setting maybe 3 or 4. Trailers with single axle brakes get set on Light Electric. My 13K 5th wheel requires 8.5 to 9.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:36 AM   #23
Tbos

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your new truck and TT.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote