Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 PM   #21
Apalinto

Hi KC10CHIEF, I am in a similar situation with our Cougar 315RLS 5th wheel. We went with the Yamaha ATS-108 soundbar and are installing it on the shelf behind the monster Summit TV. We are christening our trailer the 1st week April so I haven't finished hooking everything up yet, but here is what I like about this application so far: the 3"subwoofers are integrated into the bar so it's a clean install. It features "clear voice" technology so it enhances dialogue which is a constant battle, too much boom and you can't hear the voices. It is 4K Ultra HD compatible and it has HDMI CEC ready which allows you to use the TV remote to control the bar and since it is going to hidden behind the TV, the included remote will not see the bar. The Summit TV is already set up for this as long as you plug the bar in the HDMI 1 slot, you have to do some minor programming. Now if you play an Ultra 4K Blu Ray disc, it will automatically be picked up by the soundbar. There is even an app for your phone to control the bar. We paid $149 at Costco. Read this review from techhive:
https://www.techhive.com/article/329...08-review.html
This may not be the big home theater sound you are after, but it has great sound in my humble opinion. You can hear it at Costco. We camp a lot at race tracks so noise is not a big issue, but we are very considerate of our neighbors always. Watch and listen responsibly. Cheers.
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:21 AM   #22
BAK

I bought the Bose Solo 5 sound bar. It has decent bass that's not "booming" and for me the key feature I like the best is the voice boost setting.

I've got some high frequency hearing loss and tinnitus from too many years on the flight line listening to TF33s so I had difficulty hearing the dialogue on the tv set with the existing setup, so this was a much needed improvement.

BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:35 AM   #23
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Maybe a quick trip to the site power pole, a simple flick of the 50 amp breaker and scurry back to the safety of your awning ???? After he figures out that his sound bar "pops the breaker" every time he turns it up too loud.....

Well, maybe he'll "learn the limit that doesn't pop the breaker"...
Hee hee hee
That's nasty, but funny.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 AM   #24
Northofu1

I ditched my OEM television for a Samsung 4K. I usually use an external Hard Drive with my favourite shows, I can't stand cable tv commercials. Even though the sound on new television is superior to the OEM I also added a Samsung sound bar with sub-woofer. I do dial down the sub-woofer so it doesn't boom. Going for head phones next for midnight viewing pleasure.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #25
wobly

We have a 2019 29BHS with the big TV, too, and bought a soundbar with a subwoofer because the TV speakers just weren't cutting it, especially with the A/C on. It is a Vizio 2.1 soundbar. We have the bar on the lower shelf behind the TV and put the subwoofer next to our recliners. When you plug it in, you should have an ARC or CEC HDMI port on the TV. Use that and you can control the soundbar volume with the TV remote.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote