Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #1
ahegewald

Howdy Keystone TT Peeps

Howdy RV Peeps.
We live in the Northwest...love our all year round camping option now that we have a 35' 2010 Sprinter Bunkhouse travel trailer. I bought it used from Camping world 2 years ago for 20k and 3 year warranty.
I just upgraded to Golf cart sized AGM Wet Acid batteries for 500 amp /hrs of and added a Victron Model 700 Battery monitor. I've researched my Old Dual purpose Marine deep cycle battery issue for a few weeks now...found I had one damaged battery that would not come up to charge. I still have a few bugs to work out using the Connect program. Looking to add a solar panel or two this Summer.
Found out I have GREAT tires...Goodyear Endurance 10 ply radial tires, but they are getting close to 8 years old now, but now flat spots or cracking....hoping to get this Summer of use out of them.
We did drive 2300 miles last year from Vancouver, Wa to Yellowstone...WOW! What a trip. I got 17 MPH the same as my in town mileage using my 2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Sierra....My new love.
I hope to post some intelligent questions soon. Looking forward to sharing what I've learned so far.

Happy Trails! -Adam
ahegewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:08 PM   #2
busterbrown

Hello and welcome from Michigan.

I have to correct you with your trailers current tire fitment. Goodyear released its Endurance line about 2 years ago. This is a brand new model from Goodyear with limited longterm performance results. Your trailer may be fitted with Goodyears but they are probably the now defunct line of Marathons. They did not have a great reputation among trailer owners.

If I were you and those tires indeed have 8 years of service life behind them, I'd replace them quicker than you can say "blowout". Widely accepted duration of in-service use of an ST tires is 3-5 years. With the poor reputation of many older brands, the in-service life should be closer to 3 years. In essence, your trailer tires are rolling on borrowed time.

The exterior condition is not the only indicator of of a tire's condition. Tire failures can originate from the inside out. I remember one of the moderators (John) having posted pics of the internal structure of a set a tires he removed from his trailer. He may be inclined to repost them as it's an eye opener for those who need visuals to believe.

Any who, looks like you got plenty of TV. Get the tire situation amended and you'll have very little worries on the road.

Again, welcome and happy trails.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:16 AM   #3
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Sounds like you've already bee out enjoying you set up. This is a great place for questions and general information but, be careful what you ask for.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
Northofu1

from Toronto
Enjoy your time here, lots of good folks.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #5
14george

Welcome to the fourm from Wv
Old 02-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #6
CrazyCain

Welcome to the forum from Michigan..Enjoy the TT and this forum, great wealth of knowledge right
here, great people to

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
FlyingAroundRV

Welcome to the forums from the Oz contingent.
Happy trails indeed.
One thought about your 8 year old tires. It might be good to re-tire them, as trailer tires age out before they wear out and at 8 years old, you might be pushing your luck with them.
The GY Endurance seems to be a good tire by the advice on the forums, but at 8 years, I'd be a little apprehensive of a potential failure.

This is JMO, but at $500 for a set, it's good insurance to keep (reasonably) fresh boots on the TT rather than deal with the expense and hassel repairing the damage to the trailer caused by flinging treads.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone