Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2023, 06:15 PM   #1
Rufus519

2023 Passport 189RB

about to seal the deal this week on a new 2023 passport 189RB.

i have a couple questions and looking for feed back from this community.

worth going up from the 200 to the 400 panels?

opinions on getting the inverter installed at the dealer?

and any other information, tips tricks you all may have that would help out a new buyer of a keystone! we love boondock camping up here in canada so we wanna get the most use we can out of the trailer!

oh yeah one mroe thing. anyone ever install a fishing rod holder on the ceiling of their trailer? something i think may be very beneficial for my situation when camping...

thanks, i look forward to your feed back
Rufus519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #2
Bandito

If you’re planning on boondocking, you’ll likely get your money’s worth out of the upgrade to the 400 panels. I would also seriously consider getting the lithium batteries for this set up as they will perform much better and give you much longer useable runtimes.

I’m not sure about the Passport, but the Cougar’s Solarflex 200 doesn’t have an inverter from the factory; however, the Solarflex 400i does, thus the i in the name of the package.

We just got our Cougar in May and it came with the Solarflex 400i system, but haven’t really had a chance to put it through its paces yet.

Tags
passport