Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #21
jim1

We have the Reese sidewinder pin box. It works great with our short bed Ram 3500 no issues and great clearance. I actually think that backing up is easier than it was with the stock pin box. It seems to turn sooner and easier. I really like it . Our last fiver had the Reese Revolution pin box factory installed and it worked great too.
Retired-Lovin' 7 Saturdays a week!!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #22
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
I have an F350 short box and have had several different hitches. My first was an Andersen Ultimate Hitch which I actually loved. Easy to put in and take out. It rode very well but my main issue was turning circle in places like gas stations and tight RV sites. Had a cab to rv hit while having a gentleman watch the cab to insure I don’t hit and he just let me strike the cab. Give I have astigmatism in one eye I no longer wanted to rely on a stranger for help. Therefore I bought a Manual slider that came in handy in a few tight situations but was a pain to release when in uphill situations. Onward to my latest purchase a Pullrite Superglide and what a difference. This Hitch will get you out of tight situations in a hurry. As long as my truck can make a uturn across the highway this hitch will get it done. I feel very confident by myself getting into tight Provincial Park sites here in Ontario. It rides very well with little or no chucking. The downsides are that it is very heavy at 198 lbs so I got an engine lift to take it out in one piece. Also, you have to insure the you hitch up at no more than a 16% angle. I therefore actually insure I have a straight shot when hitching. Lastly the hitch is very expensive compared to others and you also require a capture plate to activate the auto glide. I got mine used so quite pleased.Good luck.

I 2d the pull right super glide. Use it with a f250 short bed. Best part is not having to get out and manually engage it.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:04 PM   #23
tazzerblue

What's the difference between the sidewinder and the revolution?
tazzerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #24
KimNTerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzerblue View Post
What's the difference between the sidewinder and the revolution?
Revolution is considered OEM, Sidewinder is considered After market

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #25
dav6662

Probably late to the conversation, but let me tell you that you need to make sure of what your normal towing circumstance will be before saying you don’t need a slider. For instance I live right in the middle of a dead end culdesac in which at least two neighbors almost always have a car parked on the road. I may get good enough that I will be able to efficiently circle the culdesac, miss the parked cars and get backed into the driveway AND not need the slider. For now I use the slider to park at my house...no other place, however.
dav6662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:20 PM   #26
Camping family

I have the pull right super glide for my 5th wheel on an f250 short bed. In my opinion it’s better to have n not need then to need and not have. I would hate to knock out my back window. A lot of people say with the new campers and the way the front cap is designed you probably don’t need a slider. I look at it this way just spent how much on the 5th wheel and how much on your truck. What’s another 2,000.00 or so.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, hitch, tow, towing