Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
eturner

Question Hideout 26RLS

Hi,
I am new here and we are just beginning our search for an RV. We have decided we want a Hideout 26RLS. We have found a 2017 model we are considering purchasing. I have not found any pictures of the interior with the slide out not extended. I would like to see what is accessible when the slide is not extended. Does anyone have any photos of that model with the slide in?
Also, any advise is welcome.
Thanks in advance.
eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #2
Cbrez

Hi and thanks for joining the forum. I can’t answer your question directly since I don’t have your model, but can’t you just have the seller close the slides so you can check it out first hand?

I think you are smart to take this aspect of the floor plan into consideration. Three deal breakers when we were shopping for an RV were to be able to access the bathroom, bedroom and refrigerator with the slides in. We’ve relied on this many times during our travels.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Canonman

Looking at the floorplan on this page: https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2017-...-26rls-tr28611
It looks like you'd be able to access the fridge and pantry from the kitchen side. Access to the bathroom would have to be through the bedroom. Not a perfect situation but workable. We often stop for lunch or just a break and don't put out the slide. Personally I wouldn't own a floor plan that didn't allow access to the fridge and cupboards so we could "turtle" if we wanted/needed to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3586 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	23742  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:22 AM   #4
linux3

Looks like you can go in through the bedroom door and around the bed. I don't own one but from this floor plan and based on experience I'd have to say you can't access the bath from the main area with the slide out in.
For our type of travel, wandering around without a plan, bathroom access is a must.
You are right to be looking into this.

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
teacherman

We are at the same stage in or search. Outside bathroom access seems a big deal, esp. at my age. We were thinking in terms of when parked for convenience and mud reduction, but while traveling, bathroom access would be a big plus indeed! I was considering a 2017 Hideout 31RBDS, which seems to have the best floor plan I've seen thus far, but we're still in the research stage, and a walkable roof is beginning to look like more of a must, given our plan to go northeast.

Best of success in your search!!

2019 Load Trail 10k payload dump trailer

Bunkhouse trailer to be added soon!
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
linux3

I don't know how many times I've pulled into a gas station to fill up and my wife thinks the facilities are way too nasty. Access to the TT facilities is a must.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #7
GMcKenzie

Bathroom is more important than the fridge to me. I have a cooler in the back seat for snacks/drinks while traveling. I want the bathroom to be easy to get to.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout