Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
mcaliebe

Fuzion 419 Waste Tank Valves

So, I feel like an idiot today. I have had my Fuzion 419 for a short time and ran into a problem with my grey tank not draining. I have the grey and black valves in the water closet. I took it into the RV center for some warranty work and asked them to look at this as well. The service adviser proceeded to point out 4 valve handles, two in the water closet and two under the chassis. I never knew the under chassis valves existed!

Can someone share with me how the 4 waste tanks are used (where do the various sinks, shower, and toilets flow), and why there are two valves in the water closet and two more underneath? It seems to me they would all be in one place.
mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
K_N_L

Based on looking at the floorplan spec's it shows a waste capacity of 88 gals, which is likely two black tanks one for the front bathroom and a 2nd for the rear. Likely the same for your grey water, looks like the Kitchen sink is close to the bathroom sink and shower. Are the 2 extras handles closer to the axles, if so likely 4 tanks - main sewer connection in the middle. Ours has 1 handle under the main slide so a bit hard to get to once setup.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
mcaliebe

Yeah, two handles near the axel, one Grey (definitely kitchen as it backed up) another black.

Then the grey and black in the water closet.
mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You need to do a "tank inventory" to be sure, but here's what you probably have:

One 44 gallon black tank forward for the main bath toilet
One 44 gallon gray tank forward for eth main bath shower and sink
One 44 gallon gray tank for the galley sink (the one you now know about)
One 44 gallon black tank for the rear bath toilet... The rear bath sink probably also empties into that black tank.

The way to do the "inventory" is to go to a full hookup site, connect the trailer, open all 4 valves and drain the tanks completely. Then close all the tank valves. Flush the front toilet 15 or 20 times to put about 15 gallons in that tank. Go outside and pull the forward black tank valve. You should see/hear water flowing through the sewer hose.

Next, close that black tank valve, (all valves closed again), go inside, run about 10-15 gallons of water through the front bath shower. Go outside, pull the forward gray tank valve, you should hear water flowing. Once empty, close the valve, go inside run water in the front bath sink. Once you get 10-15 gallons in the tank. go outside and pull that same forward gray valve. You should get water flow again. This verifies that both the sink and shower empty into the same "forward gray tank. Close all the valves again.

Go inside, run water in the rear bath toilet. Go outside, pull the "hidden black tank valve and verify water flows through the sewer hose. close the valve.

Now, this is where it gets "tricky".....

Go inside, run water into the rear bath sink. Once you get 10-15 gallons, go outside and pull the rear (hidden gray valve)... If you get water flow, the sink empties into the rear gray tank with the galley sink... My guess is you won't get water flow from pulling the rear gray valve. If you don't, then pull the rear black tank valve... If you get water flow, that will verify that the rear bath sink does empty into the rear black tank.....

It sounds complicated, really it's nothing more than just "stepping through the possibilities"... Once you know for sure, you'll be better prepared to manage your waste water storage....

Good Luck and let us know what you find when you have the time to spend "researching".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, tank