Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
Reagan

2014 ultralite slide electrical switch issue

My 2014 22' Ultra Lite recently lost 12 volt power to the in-out slide switch. Checked all 12 volt 15 amp fuses ok and 12 volts at each outgoing wiring in the fuse panel. But, no 12 volts at any of the terminals in the back of the in-out switch. Jumpered direct from the fuse panel with a 12 foot wire to the red terminal in the back of the switch and the slide motor (Accu slide system) works fine.
Called Keystone and no tech help. Talked to local Keystone repair folks and no idea/help from them about where I might have an open connection. Their solution was to remove ceiling and look for open wire.
Apparently no interlock supposed to be between the fuse and the switch. Any suggestions on why I suddenly lost power between the fuse panel and the in-out switch would be appreciated.
Reagan
Reagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Somewhere in the circuit for the slide there should be an automatic resetting breaker. It's location is different on most trailers but usually near batteries. That breaker has failed or is corroded.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
Canonman

What you're looking for looks something like this. Usually located by the batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	711SSve6VXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	28132  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
Reagan

circuit breaker

The first thing I checked was fuses and connections in the fuse panel. All ok.
Then I checked the circuit breaker by the battery--12 volts on both sides of the breaker indicating is too was ok. But, no 12 volts to the switch without jumpering from a 12 volt source.
Does the wiring/power to the slide switch go directly from the battery through the circuit breaker then to the switch?
What should be the power at the switch is a white wire with black stripe. Wiring at the circuit breaker is solid black. Seems like there must be a connection somewhere where the wire changes from black to white/black stripe.
As best I have researched --there is no "interlock" /relay in the system.
Thanks for the help.
Reagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
Canonman

"Does the wiring/power to the slide switch go directly from the battery through the circuit breaker then to the switch?"
Ours does. Actually we have 2 breakers. One takes power to/from the converter and fuse panel. Any chance you have a second breaker?
If you have a powered tongue jack the black may go there or to a connector first then to the slide.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, slide