Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #41
ken56

I burned up a wheel bearing and limped into a Wallyworld late one evening, went in and asked/informed the manager that I needed to overnight in their lot, no problem. I did not sleep well lets say.

ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #42
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
Has anyone stayed at a rest area? It looks like most rest areas in Texas and New Mexico allow 8 hours. I've thought about having a rest area as a backup plan as I head to Colorado next month.
Depending on what route you are taking there are generally rest areas (restrooms) on the interstates and a few on some major highways. There are also parking areas, pullouts etc. specifically for vehicles (usually semis and rvs) to stop and rest. I've not ever seen anyone rousting someone from one of the areas.

sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #43
Bob Landry

There are some places with a City Ordinance against it. Durango, CO comes to mind. It pays to check ahead.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #44
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
There are some places with a City Ordinance against it. Durango, CO comes to mind. It pays to check ahead.
That sounds like Durango.....encourage dopers and winos to overindulge, pass out, puke and sleep all night on main st. then pass an ordinance against rvers from trying to stop to get some rest.....while at the same time those rvers would be spending their hard earned money in their city. Sorry, back to the program.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #45
mfifield01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Depending on what route you are taking there are generally rest areas (restrooms) on the interstates and a few on some major highways. There are also parking areas, pullouts etc. specifically for vehicles (usually semis and rvs) to stop and rest. I've not ever seen anyone rousting someone from one of the areas.
I've looked at a couple of rest areas along 385 and 87. It would just be a backup plan. I typically have a reservation, but want to just drive this time and call ahead on the way. If I can't find an RV park with availability, then I would use a rest stop.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #46
W7PSK

I use RV parks, this is due to I need power for the CPAP or I dont sleep .

As for Walmarts, most of the ones around here have a "No overnight Camping" sign set up.

2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote