Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2023, 11:05 AM   #41
govols380

On that revert settings issue, there's a manual 0-7 switch on the victron 100/30 that sets it manually to LI. If your program settings revert to default, maybe having the switch set to 7 will keep it at least in the not quite idea default LI charging algorithm.
govols380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:27 AM   #42
cougar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols380 View Post
On that revert settings issue, there's a manual 0-7 switch on the victron 100/30 that sets it manually to LI. If your program settings revert to default, maybe having the switch set to 7 will keep it at least in the not quite idea default LI charging algorithm.
Where would this switch be located?
cougar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:31 AM   #43
govols380

The 0-7 switch is on the same side of the controller as the wiring, at the corner where the charge stage indicator LEDs are at.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:22 PM   #44
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols380 View Post
Thanks. When the manual was talking about a rotary switch, I thought it was talking about the app which refers to the battery type setting as a rotary switch. So I'll be looking for that physical rotary switch.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 11:01 AM   #45
Jake's Keystone

Hey @SargeW thanks for posting. It seems that we both faced the exact same issues... I did work with WFCO/Zantrex and Keystone. My 9855-AD was as well requiring the update and got that done. I received one locked to Lithium as well with the current updates. In discussion with selling dealer/Keystone they were confused and stated that there is no way I could have the 9855-AD, even after I sent them pictures. What happened to me was the supplier had none available that was supposed to supplied so a different one was sent locked to LA Battery. So as you that fixed my issue.
Now to the Zantrex I called to discuss why I hade a P-Touch label with and "X" over the XC of my XC2000. It appears to satisfy orders they changed software on the is Inverter/ charger to only be an inverter. In this discussion the Customer Assistance Tech mentioned it would be possible to change it back if needed.

Thanks again for posting!

2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4
2022 Cougar 3169RLS
New and Traded
Jake's Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 08:12 PM   #46
SargeW

Wow Pat, you had more of a circus than I did! Too bad though, it seems like the money we pay for these rigs, they would try to make it right when it was assembled. Oh well, that's pie in the sky wishing.

At least it sounds like you have gotten things straightened out finally.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 02:27 PM   #47
govols380

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeW View Post

......Switching to DC voltage setting and putting the probes on the inputs from the converter in the power center it showed a voltage of 14.4 volts (pre-firmware the max voltage was 13.6 volts).......

If you're sure of the 13.6, and I'm seeing 13.6 as my inverter input voltage at 5:30am before leaving for work, plugged into shore power with 12v fridge running overnight....shouldn't that confirm the charge circuit wiring is adequate for when I do the inverter update this winter?
Old 10-24-2023, 08:41 PM   #48
SargeW

I don't think your charge circuit wiring will be a problem. It should handle an update as long as you are not going excessive with the upgrade.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 01:46 PM   #49
CubedRoot

If you have a Battleborn (also sold as Dragonfly) Gamechanger in your rig, you will need to change a bunch of settings on the shunt and the MPPT charge controller. I contacted Battleborn and asked them what the settings should be for both the Victron MPTT 100/30 and the Victron smartshunt. Heres what they sent back:

So below I pasted the programing instructions of both the bmv and the mppt, on the mppt your going to want to disable expert mode and change it to these settings.

On the shunt your going to want to lower the voltage to 14.2v. Let mek now know if you need anything else.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/prog...ge-controller/
  • Absorption voltage: 14.6 volts (acceptable range is 14.4 to 14.6 volts)
  • Absorption Time: The recommended settings for our lithium batteries is half an hour per 100ah of LiFePO4 battery (for example if you have 2 -100ah batteries select 1 hour).
  • Float Voltage: 13.5 volts (13.6 volts or lower is acceptable for LiFePO4 batteries)
  • Equalization voltage: 14.4 volts (you do not need to equalize Lithium ion, you will have equalize turned off, but incase it ever runs a cycle the batteries will be fine at this voltage)
  • Temperature Compensation: should be disabled on Lithium Deep Cycle batteries because they do not need to be compensated, leave this off.
  • Low Temperature cut-off: Our Battle Born Batteries have low temperature charging protection built into the battery, it’s monitored by our Battery Management system which is also built in. You can leave this off too, some other brands do not protect your battery against damage from low temp charging, we do, we have got you covered.

And here is what they sent for the SmartShunt:

https://battlebornbatteries.com/faq-all-about-bmvs/

How to Program
You can use Bluetooth to configure the BMV by opening the Victron Connect app and selecting the device.
For our batteries, use the following settings to program the BMV-712 Smart

Battery Monitor:
  • Battery Capacity: Total Ah of your bank of batteries
  • Charged voltage: 14.4V but note that this number should be about .1 or .2 volts below the charging voltage set in your charging device
  • Discharge Floor: 0%
  • Tail Current: 2-4% is good
  • Charged Detection Time: 3m
  • Peukert Exponent: 1.05
  • Charge Efficiency Factor: 99%
  • Current threshold: 0.10A
  • Time to go averaging period 3m
  • Battery Starts Synchronized: blue button should be to the right
  • State of Charge: leave alone
Synchronize SOC to 100%: Leave alone, this device

Tags
keystone, solar