Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
McFlyDMC12

Capital grill on 2018 Cougar Half-ton models

Does anybody find the Capital grill that came with their Cougar Half-ton totally not up to the task? Keystone pushes this grill as capable of doubling as a camp stove too (i.e. fry stuff in a pan that is heated by the grill's burners). I swear I'll have a better time cooking eggs in direct sunlight as opposed to getting our grill to do the job. I was never going to use our grill to BBQ, and at the moment it's just a shiny expensive looking piece of aluminum attached to the outside kitchen.

In any case, I'm thinking of swapping ours out for a 2-burner camp stove, but I need to get the dimensions of the grill first. Perhaps I have a propane supply issue instead, but I don't even know how to start troubleshooting for that.

McFlyDMC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
seacouger5r

Yes! We (attempted) use the built-in Capital Grille on our 5th wheel. We were so underwhelmed with it's performance that I cleaned it, closed it up and bought a Camp Chef external grille. I modified the propane hose on the Camp Chef to use the quick disconnect on the trailer.

Much better!

2018 Cougar 368MBI Fifth Wheel
2017 Ford F350 Platinum Quad Cab, Diesel

seacouger5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
rdhouston

Sorry, don't have the one you do. Our TT came with an Aussie grill. Ok for burgers I guess but can't slow cook anything. To hot when on low. Got tired of burning chicken and sausages.

I replaced ours with Weber 1200. Modified it to connect to TT propane connection. Modified bumper mount rack to hold it.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
Easton091

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlyDMC12 View Post
Does anybody find the Capital grill that came with their Cougar Half-ton totally not up to the task? Keystone pushes this grill as capable of doubling as a camp stove too (i.e. fry stuff in a pan that is heated by the grill's burners). I swear I'll have a better time cooking eggs in direct sunlight as opposed to getting our grill to do the job. I was never going to use our grill to BBQ, and at the moment it's just a shiny expensive looking piece of aluminum attached to the outside kitchen.

In any case, I'm thinking of swapping ours out for a 2-burner camp stove, but I need to get the dimensions of the grill first. Perhaps I have a propane supply issue instead, but I don't even know how to start troubleshooting for that.
We have one on ours too. It looks so nice and shiney, prob wont use it ever. We just us our table top Weber grill

Tags
cougar, mod