Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #1
Slicvickie

Water in the heat vent duct! 2021 Cougar 32RLI

So, granted, it was just delivered yesterday, but I have the weirdest thing going on. When I turned on the furnace to warm up the rig, there was an odd noise coming out of the bedroom floor heat vent, almost like bubbling, but no heat. I removed the kitchen floor grate as well as the one on the wall by the door, but both of those were dry and putting out heat. When I removed the floor grate in the bedroom, the exposed duct box was wet. I pulled the box loose from the floor and reached into the ductwork itself and discovered that it was filled with water! At least I hope it was water! There was nothing wet under or around the duct, and there was no indication of a leak from the outside. Tomorrow, I will get the shop vac and suck the water out and investigate further. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen or what might have caused it to fill up like that.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:35 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

If it was just delivered I would be talking to whoever you bought it from. Water in the floor heat vents more than likely came from ABOVE and went down into them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:12 PM   #3
kcgreg

I had the same issue. We figured what probably happened was when they installed the washer/drier, the drain hose wasn't secure and it dumped water onto the bathroom floor. Water was probably swept into the floor vent during a quick cleanup and filled the flexible ducting there. I dumped probably a gallon of water out of the hose. It had made a "p-trap" and was not letting any heat to the bathroom and bedroom vents. I let the dealer and Keystone both know. It is a 2023 model. So far there has been no issues with the floor in the bathroom. It has been about 8 months since it happened.
6-100AH Lithium Batteries
B&W Companion Hitch
kcgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:41 AM   #4
ChuckS

Since the water was inside the heater ducts in BR or bath area I would be looking at the anti siphon valve usually located under bathroom sink..

The factory valve is plastic and cracks and will dump water all over the bathroom and BR floor..right down into the floor heater vents ..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #5
jxnbbl

Yes, I would look for a problem that happened prior to delivery having to do with water entering the heating vent. An analogy...years ago I put some clothes in to the wash and went to work (won't ever happen again). When I came home water was coming out of our garage under the house. That was the bad news...the good news.

Sediment got in the fill valve and it wouldn't close, it just overflowed the washer for 8 hours...but the tile floor held the water, the door threshold and baseboard held the water and it flowed into the heating duct. The flexible duct work sagged and broke off emptying into the unfinished utility room which sloped slightly towards the garage and it found an opening in the frame work to flow into the garage, with a sloped floor to the door and out the garage doors. Literally no real damage!

So I always suspect water in duct work = water into the floor vent first.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, heat, vent, water