Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #221
sourdough
Site Team

Had the roof cleaned and treated then brought home to do some other items. Sanitized the water system, installed a new shower head and will install some new 1/4 turn faucets today....maybe. When we brought it here to the house a WEEK ago we intended to wash and wax it. Well, I won't wash it if the dirt is blowing and......it's still blowing. The pretty white roof that we had after it was cleaned is covered in this reddish brown dirt. I'll have to clean it again before I start the trailer....someday.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #222
xrated

A couple of weeks ago, I installed the 8' long 5" x 5" vinyl fence post under the T.H......right next to the sewer drain pipe, talk about a perfect fit in that spot! I then cut down the 10' piece of vinyl gutter, installed a couple of end caps and that left enough room at the end for the 90 degree clear plastic end that goes on the sewer hose and into the sanitation pipe at the dump station. I then installed a couple of hasps that are lockable on the end cap and today, I put a attached a small bungee strap on the end cap and the other end to the trailer so that the end cap doesn't get lost/left behind.

Today was also de-winterization day. All the pink stuff is gone and tested the water heater, refrigerator, both slides, stabilizer jacks, and A/C unit...along with tire pressure on all four tires. LevelMate Pro is working like a champ, as is the TPMS system. The only thing I need to do now is load it up and head out for our first trip of the season. We'll be going to the KOA in Townsend, TN in May and taking our bicycles this time to ride the Cades Cove Loop on a Saturday morning.....when they have it shut down to all traffic except bicycles. Woo-Hoo.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #223
kksfish

Replaced the “tail lights” with LED’s. Next I installed a double duplex receptacle under the bedroom sink and ran the cable down and thru the basement to the port side door where I put a male cord cap to connect to a drop cord which I plug in to the most always present 20 amp receptacle in the power pedestal! For my DW hair care tools...
Old 04-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #224
slow

Inspected the roof seams and marker lights for any resealing. All were good.

Used MaxxFan 7500K in reverse to pressurize the interior of the TT and applied soapy water on exterior to find any air bubbles at locations requiring sealing (roof penetrations, marker lights, windows, access doors, corner trim, etc.) None found, (other than at outside shower door, which is expected because of hole behind door for the hose). Washed the roof and balance of exterior.

Replaced batteries in LevelmatePro and Bauer door lock.

Installed warranty replacement rear observation camera. Can now see green and blue!
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #225
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I installed the 8' long 5" x 5" vinyl fence post under the T.H......right next to the sewer drain pipe, talk about a perfect fit in that spot! I then cut down the 10' piece of vinyl gutter, installed a couple of end caps and that left enough room at the end for the 90 degree clear plastic end that goes on the sewer hose and into the sanitation pipe at the dump station. I then installed a couple of hasps that are lockable on the end cap and today, I put a attached a small bungee strap on the end cap and the other end to the trailer so that the end cap doesn't get lost/left behind.

Today was also de-winterization day. All the pink stuff is gone and tested the water heater, refrigerator, both slides, stabilizer jacks, and A/C unit...along with tire pressure on all four tires. LevelMate Pro is working like a champ, as is the TPMS system. The only thing I need to do now is load it up and head out for our first trip of the season. We'll be going to the KOA in Townsend, TN in May and taking our bicycles this time to ride the Cades Cove Loop on a Saturday morning.....when they have it shut down to all traffic except bicycles. Woo-Hoo.

Can you post a picture of how you mounted the fence post? The sewer hose holder on the Alpine won’t hold my long hose. Thanks
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #226
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Can you post a picture of how you mounted the fence post? The sewer hose holder on the Alpine won’t hold my long hose. Thanks
I am just now seeing your post and it's dark here. I'll write myself a note to get a couple of pics tomorrow when I get home from work and get them posted up.

I bought a 2' piece of Unistrut and cut two pieces about 10" long. I then mounted them, one on each side of the trailer, tow the I beam frame using self tapping/self drilling screws. Inside the Unistrut I placed two spring type Unistrut nuts (1/4 - 20 thread size). After that, I used some metal strapping material that is often used for hanging pipe and such....the kind on a roll and has holes about every inch or so. It's quite mallable, so it was easy to form to the outside shape of the 5" x 5" vinyl post. Then it's just a matter of using some Unistrut base plates (4 total) and putting a 1/4 - 20 bolt with a fender washer on it and bolting it down as tight as you can. I did have a little bit of movement, where the fence post would be able to move back and forth just a little, so I drilled a couple of holes and bolted it to the strapping.

Like I said, I'll try to get a few pics tomorrow evening and it will be alot easier to do by looking at them.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #227
xrated

OK.....got some pics this evening and this is the install.....

One other thing I did was to attach a very small bungee cord to the end cap (bend the hook into an eye shape) with a screw and nut, then drilled a small hole in the bottom lip of the skirting and put the other end of the bungee through the hole and bent it closed......should keep me from losing or leaving the end cap when we break camp and leave.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:23 PM   #228
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
OK.....got some pics this evening and this is the install.....

One other thing I did was to attach a very small bungee cord to the end cap (bend the hook into an eye shape) with a screw and nut, then drilled a small hole in the bottom lip of the skirting and put the other end of the bungee through the hole and bent it closed......should keep me from losing or leaving the end cap when we break camp and leave.
Great pics. Thanks. That helps. It looks like this will be one of my future projects.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #229
madmaxmutt

Added a little washer insurance for the bed slide.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Added washers.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	16321

Rewired the bed light cord with a standard bunk light plug and cord.

Name:	Bed Light cord.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	16322

Thought about cutting 2 feet off of the oudoor faucet piping, but haven't done it, yet.

Name:	Need to work on this.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	16323

De-winterized the trailer.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #230
LuvsPalmTrees

Did some spring cleaning, stocking and de-winterizing and The Beast is ready to go for Mother's Day weekend.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #231
EagleandFox

Hubby dewinterized yesterday, I cleaned and started stocking the camper. Today he installed new steps! We saw these at an RV show - they were on a few campers - we liked how sturdy they are, so we ordered some. We'll get to try them out this weekend on our first trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Steps1.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	16342  
EagleandFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #232
LuvsPalmTrees

Love the steps. We seen them at the show in Novi MI. Does that one store under your trailer like the old steps or does that one flip up inside the door?
Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #233
EagleandFox

They flip up into the door. They install onto the inside threshold. We plan to just keep the old steps where they are, but friends of our who installed them too plan to make a storage area where their old steps are.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #234
LuvsPalmTrees

That is a good idea. You can never have too much storage. They look great.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #235
Dave W

[QUOTE=EagleandFox;284770ut friends of our who installed them too plan to make a storage area where their old steps are.[/QUOTE]

MORryde has a stoage box that replaces the original steps at least on a 5er. Not inexpensive at about 200 bucks though
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #236
EagleandFox

OH! Maybe that's what our friends were talking about doing - getting that storage box. I didn't realize that!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #237
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleandFox View Post
Hubby dewinterized yesterday, I cleaned and started stocking the camper. Today he installed new steps! We saw these at an RV show - they were on a few campers - we liked how sturdy they are, so we ordered some. We'll get to try them out this weekend on our first trip.

We have theses steps on our new Alpine and love them.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #238
Number 4

I’m taking a slightly smaller final step up into the TT after moving the entire step assembly up to the last available set of bolt holes. Only gained an inch, but every little bit helps and the DW is happy. Anything further is major mods.

Took a dremel tool to the wood inside the door frame so the deadbolt would extend all the way when locking. This is after enlarging the door frame strike plate so the deadbolt would work at all! Bad latch alignment at the factory now corrected.

Replaced a burned out left rear bulb. Doesn’t sound like much, but there’s a definite pucker factor when oh so gently pushing on that itty bitty plastic tab to release the lens cover. DW said, “Should we clean the inside of the right lens cover too?” and I replied, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

Number 4: 2013 Hideout 19FLBWE
Number 3: 1994 Skyline Nomad 1661
Number 2: 1971 Santa Fe
Number 1: 1967 Shasta Airflyte
2015 F-250 Lariat 6.2L CC 4x4 3.73
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #239
maccam1

Monday washed mine(laminated is so much easier to wash then aluminum),used blue coral car was on it,was amazed no water spots,also used turtlewax bug and tar remover on the cap,cleaned up the bugs
So easy.
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:58 AM   #240
5J's

Headed down to get my from the dealer. It's been there for about 6 weeks for minor warranty issues since our warranty expires this month.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote