Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2023, 05:02 PM   #1
Cdynia

Electrical assistance

We have a 2020 Cougar 31MBS. When we got to our site today, the In-command wouldn’t turn on, which means no access to HVAC, slides awnings, water heater etc. Went through and checked all of the other electrics to see what wasn’t working, and the only other items I can find are the bathroom lights and ceiling vent. All the fuses look good, I disconnect and reconnect to shore power, disconnected and reconnected the battery, reset the BCM (which has power), and tried the hold down the power on the control pad trick. Nothing seems to work. Any one else experience this? Have any suggestions on where to start?
Cdynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 06:21 PM   #2
Camping family

1800-688-3135 is the number for iN·Command. Give them a call they will assist you.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 06:34 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdynia View Post
I disconnect and reconnect to shore power, disconnected and reconnected the battery, reset the BCM (which has power), and tried the hold down the power on the control pad trick. Nothing seems to work. ...

For clarity, did you disconnect shore power, then reconnect it, then disconnect the battery then reconnect it ????

If you did it "that way" then you didn't "remove power from the In-command system"... When on shore power, the converter/charger powers the system, when you disconnect shore power, the battery powers the system...

If what you did, is as you describe it, then you never "completely removed power" so the system never "completely shut down and rebooted'.

Disconnect shore power, then while it's disconnected, also disconnect the battery and turn off the solar system (if you have one), That will COMPLETELY remove power from the In-command system and allow a complete power down and reboot.

Maybe you did that and just didn't type it the way you did it or......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 06:41 PM   #4
Cdynia

JRTJH, I disconnected from shore power, and then disconnected the battery - then reconnected everything.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:47 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
JRTJH, I disconnected from shore power, and then disconnected the battery - then reconnected everything.
OK, Just making sure that you weren't "using one 12 volt source to power the In-command system while the other one was disconnected:....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
RollaMo

Quote:
We have a 2020 Cougar 31MBS. When we got to our site today, the In-command wouldn’t turn on, which means no access to HVAC, slides awnings, water heater etc.
Went through and checked all of the other electrics to see what wasn’t working,
and the only other items I can find are the bathroom lights and ceiling vent.

You mention bathroom lights and ceiling vent not working?
What other power isn't working?
If you have no power to anything else, then In-Command probably isn't going to work either.
Sounds like you have a power problem, more than just an In-Command problem.
So, just trying to get to the basics, with all details.
Old 08-19-2023, 06:06 AM   #7
Cdynia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
You mention bathroom lights and ceiling vent not working?
What other power isn't working?
If you have no power to anything else, then In-Command probably isn't going to work either.
Sounds like you have a power problem, more than just an In-Command problem.
So, just trying to get to the basics, with all details.
The in command station, bathroom lights and bathroom ceiling vent is all I can find that don’t work. All the outlets work, all the other ceiling lights work - fridge, microwave, fireplace - everything else is fine. Just went to get an electrical test meter and will be pulling off the switch to check for power.
Old 08-19-2023, 06:09 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Can you clarify or confirm if ANY 12vdc works that's not in-command controled? Does your unit have a "Giggy box" with a battery shutoff?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 06:58 AM   #9
Cdynia

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Can you clarify or confirm if ANY 12vdc works that's not in-command controled? Does your unit have a "Giggy box" with a battery shutoff?
All other 12v items work. Remainder of overhead lights in corridor, living, kitchen, bedrooms and bunkhouse - all work fine.
We do have a battery disconnect, but it is switched on.

I also just checked and I have voltage going to bathroom light switch and to the in command panel.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:41 PM   #10
LHaven

Given all the above, the best bet is a broken ground wire between the first device on that circuit and the fusebox. (Unless you tested that 12V relative to its own ground wire.)

(I hate how my head always goes to mice, but it's where I live.)

Try temporarily cross-connecting a known good ground wire from another 12v circuit with the ground wire at the inCommand box or bathroom fan, and see if they start working.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:16 PM   #11
Cdynia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Given all the above, the best bet is a broken ground wire between the first device on that circuit and the fusebox. (Unless you tested that 12V relative to its own ground wire.)

(I hate how my head always goes to mice, but it's where I live.)

Try temporarily cross-connecting a known good ground wire from another 12v circuit with the ground wire at the inCommand box or bathroom fan, and see if they start working.
Thanks. This is above my know how, but will pass the recommendation along to the tech that’s coming out to look at it.

Tags
electrical