Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
My 2014 Alpine is wired same way..

Emergency brakes are not fused ... the intent is power available to those brake magnets and a fuse would negate that if it blew.

Can’t believe anyone would want to pull front cap to replace that wiring from junction box to battery compartment. About an hour job tops

I’d say you developed a short to ground up at the junction box that just drew current till weakest link... wire ... melted in half
Your suspicion is entirely possible. Alternatively, someone pulled the pin on the breakaway switch (accidentally or intentionally) and the weakest link, the wiring, finally melted. When the dealership found it, they put the pin back in and called with the bad news, saw an opportunity to make a bundle and ........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #32
Fishsizzle

I think thats what I have going on, a short some how, or pin pull.

Ill get it home and pull stuff apart and take pics for your input. Might be a few weeks.

Pin box was sent wrong. They sent the wrong ram for slides. With the nearly 3 feet of snow finally melting they are getting back to work.

Thanks all!

Justin

Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #33
Fishsizzle

I did feel super sorry for the tech. I guess both hydraulic rams were blown and the whole under belly was soaked. He took an oil bath. Said he took 2 showers.

The plast was shot, as well as all the insulation. Both are getting replaced.

The poor tech was going over what was needing to be done and the service writer girl was just getting madder and madder as he spoke. I can tell they are over charging or billing Keystone for the hours worked.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #34
Fishsizzle

So waiting on a new pin box and should be getting it back. Keystone sent out several wrong parts. Not sure if it was them or someone doesn’t know how to read either the catalog or numbers on parts!

Temporary Truck
Old 04-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #35
Fishsizzle

Well, turns out keystone didnt cover all my gripes. Kinda peeved as dealer said they did.

So I had some hinges that were bent on pantry and cabinets. Id fixed those myself.

Entry door would shut, I ended up taking side screws out as they were eating into the jamb. I dont think I could have fixed that so glad they did but Im paying for it.

So the wanted $900, told them noway, we settled on $700 which includes new wiring for breakaway.

Picking up tomorrow, super curious about vinyl patch.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #36
Fishsizzle

Uggg, thing has zero volts. I cant it even leveled. Hopefully an overnight charge will help.

Cant believe no battery charge and no wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8179D078-F390-4BA3-92B3-5ED641DC8990.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	21248  
Old 04-06-2019, 05:42 AM   #37
chuckster57
Site Team

Different dealerships and service mgrs have different ideas of customer service. As a rule we wont wash a unit in for service. None of the dealerships I worked at did. Where Im at now, if we know your coming and weve had it for a minute, we will plug it in.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #38
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Different dealerships and service mgrs have different ideas of “customer service”. As a rule we won’t wash a unit in for service. None of the dealerships I worked at did. Where I’m at now, if we know your coming and we’ve had it for “ a minute”, we will plug it in.
I can understand the wash, but no volts mean I couldn’t inspect any of the work done.

They forklifted it out and I had to plug the truck in to it and sit 20 mins to get just jacks the work so I could hitch up.

But really glad to have it back! Anxious to get rolling
Old 04-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

If I remember correctly, you "delivered" that trailer to the dealership around "Mid-February"??? That was 7 or 8 weeks ago. If the batteries were truly "0 volts" when you picked up the trailer, I'd urge you to watch the batteries very carefully. If they were discharged that low for that long, they may not recharge properly and/or they may not recharge at all, but rather "build a charge and discharge in 24-48 hours"... Another possibility is they may hold a charge now, but fail prematurely because of the plate damage from sitting with no charge for so long.....

There's not much you can do at this point, but "tuck away in the back of your mind" that if things start looking strange with the battery capacity or charge times, keep a close eye on them. They may have been "ruined" by sitting with no charge for almost 2 months.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #40
ChuckS

With the current draw your hydraulic pump motor will place on the batteries during LG or leveling plus slide out extension Id dump those batteries and put in a dual set of Costco 6 volt batteries

You wont have battery issues, they are cost effective , and youll have no issues during the season.

Also if you have residential fridge what is the condition of that battery used to run inverter. Just saying.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine