Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
5J's

Coast to Coast

Anyone have any experience with the Coast to Coast membership group? Just trying to get some input on being a part of this thing.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
travelin texans

My Dad had it for a while, don't remember him saying anything negative. Camping World always had a kiosk for Thousand Trails & they set us up a free weekend trying to sell us a membership, after visiting the free site there was NO WAY I'd of spent the $$$ on a membership, the park was a dump.
For the amount of $$ these type of memberships charge their parks should ALL be immaculate & you can stay a lot of nights at other parks for that amount.
We were Passport America members for a year, but way too many blackout days, don't think we ever recouped the cost of the membership. Others will disagree about both PA & other memberships, these are MY opinions only.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Specifically Coast to Coast I have no experience. I think any of the membership deals need to be weighed on how you will use and benefit from it. We have Passport America and saved the membership many times over but we are retired and travel on weekdays when the discount is good. When our oldest daughter was first married and lived in Aston PA we had KOA membership and it payed for itself when we would camp at Phili KOA but after she moved we didn't renew because it wasn't worth it.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
m&m

Have been C2C members over 10 yrs. Just finished a 10K trip coast to coast. Figured we saved about 3K in park fees.
It only works if you use it and you get a resale. I stay with it cause I do a lot of camping now I have taken friends and family with me on trips and they pay my price.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
ken56

Just like with the gym membership you have to use it to get your moneys worth. We joined when we bought our 1st trailer in 2012 because our home park was 6 miles from our home and we used it as much as the rules allowed. We have also traveled across the country and used C2C parks when we could. Some parks are Passport members too and allow nonmembers to camp. You need to understand the rules and limitations too. 10 bucks a night when traveling can be a big savings but C2C parks are not everywhere. If you could meet someone who is a member and have them show you what is involved then that would be the thing to do. It took me a while to learn the ropes.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m View Post
Have been C2C members over 10 yrs. Just finished a 10K trip coast to coast. Figured we saved about 3K in park fees.
It only works if you use it and you get a resale. I stay with it cause I do a lot of camping now I have taken friends and family with me on trips and they pay my price.
We were told that we get 8 guest vouchers a year for guests to stay. That can be used when we stay or without us. Also we were told C2C are free for us and Good Sam parks are a 10% discount. The closest C2C is about an hour away so it's not too bad.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

Old 09-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Just like with the gym membership you have to use it to get your moneys worth. We joined when we bought our 1st trailer in 2012 because our home park was 6 miles from our home and we used it as much as the rules allowed. We have also traveled across the country and used C2C parks when we could. Some parks are Passport members too and allow nonmembers to camp. You need to understand the rules and limitations too. 10 bucks a night when traveling can be a big savings but C2C parks are not everywhere. If you could meet someone who is a member and have them show you what is involved then that would be the thing to do. It took me a while to learn the ropes.
So it sounds like there are no free CTC parks other than your "home" resort. This is what I'm beginning to find out as I research. Is that your experience?

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

Old 09-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #8
mazboy

In my opinion a waster of money. it is just a timeshare concept.

It is amazing to hear when people say they saved money using this.....they never seem to factor in the initial $1000+ cost to buy the timeshare.

If you do decide to still buy a memebership, buy a resale. You can get them from below or even EBay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...coast+to+coast

when you finally decide that it wasn't a good deal here is where you can TRY to sell it. https://www.buyatimeshare.com/resort...Membership.asp
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:11 AM   #9
5J's

Do you have direct experience?

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

Old 09-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #10
m&m

My camper sleeps 10. I have found that many pks. have limits but as a c2c member I was cut a break many times.
My home park is in a high demand area that increases the price at times. When we visit the norm price is $40(non members). Membership/maint. fee is $300 yr. I go many times during the yr. staying 2wks each time. Even during peak season I can stay free but want 50amp. An extra $5 a day. During peak season its $55-65 a day.
As much as I camp I don't loose
Being a Vet initial price c2c was greatly reduced.
In 2017 stayed at a Texas RV pk with friends. Great park very costly. They paid $10. a day.
If you use it right it is good "if" you get resale. C2C is changing. Not so many pks. now.
PM me if want more info.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #11
ken56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
So it sounds like there are no free CTC parks other than your "home" resort. This is what I'm beginning to find out as I research. Is that your experience?
No there are no free C2C campgrounds OTHER THAN your home park. As a guest at any other park it is 10 buck, or 1000 trip points as they make you buy trip points to use at those other parks.

Then there is the Good Neighbor affiliate parks that will give a discounted rate and all can be different. They used to be 15 bucks a night but that was changed last year.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:31 PM   #12
Jefster

How are you looking at Coast to Coast without a local membership? I had someone trying to sell us a membership group in Michigan that came with Coast to Coast. The Coast to Coast part I was interested in, the local part not so much. I thought you had to buy into a local membership group in order to get access?
Jefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #13
5J's

Yep you're right. You must have a local membership.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

Old 09-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #14
Jefster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
Yep you're right. You must have a local membership.
Gotcha. My local membership is $8000 + $500 per year in maintenance fees. And it's a contract, so you owe them those maintenance fees every year until you die. I don't think there is a way to cancel the contract.

For the right price, I think I would use it, and the C2C part is definitely intriguing. But not $8000 intriguing to me
Old 09-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #15
5J's

Yep, that's where we're at $8000 and $700 annual "maintenance" fee. The "maintenance fee is just that and if you stop paying it you loose your membership. It's not a foreclosure or anything because you don't own anything per say. For that cost we get two parks in our membership group, all the CTC parks ( not sure if they're free or a $10/night rate) and an undetermined discount on the Good Neighbor Parks as well as 10% off Good Sam Parks. We were given the impression that the GN Parks were no charge as well. We have two CTC parks (one of them we can't fit into) about an hour and a half from home but there are about six GN Parks just a little farther than that. Unfortunately we thought we'd be able to use all of the GN Parks so maybe it'd be worth it. We have three days to decide so, I just wanted to get some feed back from some folks with experience. Thanks for your comments.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
Jefster

Double check before you sign any contracts. Our local park will not cancel your membership if you stop paying the maintenance fee, they will send you to collections.

If you look at the Coast to Coast website, you can see the member rates for the GN parks. Also the restrictions and exclusions. Some of them are not only small discounts, but they are only available sun-thurs. Compare the GN rates from the C2C website with the posted rates of the campgrounds themselves. https://www.coastresorts.com/directory/

Our membership sales process was full of half truths and misleading information. I'd done a fair bit of research before going in to it, and I was familiar with some of their properties already. Every membership group is probably different, that's just ours. But I wouldn't take the sales person's word for anything, I would want to spend some quality time reviewing the contract before I signed anything.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #17
travelin texans

$8000, no way!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #18
notanlines

$8000….REALLY? I would RUN, not walk, away from that deal.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #19
ken56

Pretty steep buy in today. I did not pay anything close to that so I found it to be worth our buy in. Understand that your home park is just the conduit to membership in C2C. If your home park has other parks owned by the same company that allows you to use them too for free it has nothing to do with C2C. My home park is part of Outdoor Adventures that has 9 (?) parks in Michigan that I can stay at for free and 1 in Ohio. Only problem I have now is I moved to Tennessee!
Old 09-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #20
Jefster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Pretty steep buy in today. I did not pay anything close to that so I found it to be worth our buy in. Understand that your home park is just the conduit to membership in C2C. If your home park has other parks owned by the same company that allows you to use them too for free it has nothing to do with C2C. My home park is part of Outdoor Adventures that has 9 (?) parks in Michigan that I can stay at for free and 1 in Ohio. Only problem I have now is I moved to Tennessee!
So now that you've moved are you able to get out of your membership? Or do you have to keep paying the yearly dues?