Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
saleen89ca

no water pressure

Just replaced my pumps upper housing and know I get no water pressure at all please help. Oh and I'm hooked up to city water, not the water tank
saleen89ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
wobly

If you are on city water, how are you testing your pump? I'd recommend putting some water in your fresh tank, priming the system to get the air out and testing it that way.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen89ca View Post
Just replaced my pumps upper housing and know I get no water pressure at all please help. Oh and I'm hooked up to city water, not the water tank

If your hooked up to city water, then you should have water pressure inside the unit. The city water joins the fresh water system AFTER the water pump. Your water pump isn’t needed when using city water.

As stated above, the way to test the pump is to put water in the freshwater tank, and then turn the pump on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
bobbecky

If you are hooked up to city water and are not getting water into the rig, maybe the water inlet check valve is stuck closed, not allowing water to flow.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
saleen89ca

how do I fix that
Old 08-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen89ca View Post
how do I fix that
FIRST thing to do is unhook the hose from the trailer and see if there's water flowing through the hose. If so, reconnect it and see if you have water pressure when you turn on the hose. If you do, great, if you don't, then you'll need a new city water connection.

You haven't identified what kind of trailer you have so it's anybody's guess what kind of city water connection you have. If it's a simple "sidewall mounted inlet" they are available at any RV parts store and easy to change. If you have a "convenience center, then there are several different types of city water connections and I've got no idea which one you might have (if you even have that kind of connection)

You might want to update your profile to include the brand of trailer, model number and year. It would help members focus on the type of equipment you have.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #7
saleen89ca

2012 , 312bh. I had a small leak from the water pump I changed the the part and know it is bypassing the the Taps and filling my reservoir instead
Old 08-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Then you either put the pump head together wrong or it was defective. There is a check valve built into the water pump to prevent city water from flowing through the pump and into the fresh water tank. If you're sure it's flowing through the pump head, then that's "one problem"... but you should still have some water pressure at the faucets in the trailer even with a small backflow through the pump head into the FWT.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure