Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #18
rdhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1951grumpa View Post
I was typing a response and it disappeared:
Good to hear I’m not the only one with a 29RKPR that doesn’t cool properly. I’ve checked and there’s not enough insulation in the nose , that allows a big area to get very hot. This heat works it’s way across the ceiling and the a/c can’t keep up. One woman I complained to at the factory said I should camp in shaded campgrounds. She must not camp.
So I got into the A/C ductwork today and found that the in-ceiling duct runs way past the register in the front and rear. I cut a chunk of pool noodle and wedged it into the duct after the last register in each run. I also re- taped all the register mount rings and sealed up a bunch of leaks inside the main unit.
Seems to blow more. We'll see how it performs next time out. We're headed to Idaho in late June.

Tags
bullet, bullet premier