Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #41
dmorgan64

I use this video for backing advice on fifth wheel. It works...

Been a while since I backed a bumper pull.. Except with garden tractor.....
Enjoy your fifth wheel!
dmorgan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #42
Travelingcircus

I figure I'm pretty good at it becausec our neighbors always pull up a chair to watch.
Travelingcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #43
Crookedread

My wife used to flap her arms like she was taking off so I would get out and mimic her directions and ask her what it meant. We would both laugh and then we would do it again and again. I bought two walkie-talkies and now I hear “move the trailer 12.5 inches to the drivers side”. Now I get out and ask who took the radio away from my wife. It’s crazy how she becomes an air traffic controller when I put a radio in her hands. Problem solved!!

2017 Cougar 26 SABWE
2016 Silverado 4x4 Duramax
Crookedread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #44
travelin texans

We have walkie talkies but changed to the hands free on the phones, someone would NEVER release the talk button, just constant directions, on the w-ts so it became hard to ask other questions.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #45
Irv gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
Considering trading in the 25 foot Passport for a 32 foot 5th wheel and a new Cummings puller. For those of you who have made the move please give me some insight in regards to pulling a 5th wheel and getting it into the camp site in comparrison to a bumper pull.
Zuley, Well, welcome to 5th wheel country. I think you will have a better experience with this new trailer than the old one. Generally, when Iam backing, I try to get the rear wheels ( on the turn side)just a fit forward and fairly close to the turn. Then I can make a hard turn if I have to. If I move too far toward the center of the road, I have a Chance oF running out of Truck room in front. Also ,if you are backing with the help of someone else, Use Driver or passenger side of your truck for calling out turn directions. Dont use Right or Left, You will wonder whose Right or Left that is. Have fun. Irv Gates, 2009 F350DRW, 2014 39' Montana HC.
Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #46
Hblick48

I finally told DW to stand in the middle of where the back should end up. With the backup camera and mirrors I aim for her. A few back and forward moves gets me aligned. When she's out of view of the camera, I'm there.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel