Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
wiredgeorge

Television mount

In my 5ver, the TV sits on the wall next to the steps up into the bath/bedroom area. There is a cabinet that can hold a LARGE TV. Removed the little 32" Vizeo that came in the trailer when I bought it and replaced it with a 40" Vizeo. Problem is, the couch is in the slide just to the side of the TV and when my wife and I sit on the couch, I am next to the wall and can't see the TV very well due the angle.

Has anyone come up with a TV mount where you can pull it away from the cabinet/wall it sets in and swivel it a bit and out away from the couch? I will attach a pic of the little TV in the cabinet and the couch is now a Lazyboy reclining loveseat. Really could use some ideas. I am not afraid to do some carpentry in the TV cabinet box to put in a mount. TIA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cougar.17.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	18444  
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

I would think a standard flat screen swivel mount like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QOOZ4DE..._fHRKBb67JNHG3 would do the trick.

I'd probably glue and screw a piece of half inch plywood to the back wall of the cabinet to mount it on. Some light oak stain and it should blend right in.

Good luck. I'm sure you are already enjoying the recliners and larger screen, at least the DW is, grin.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
KeithInUpstateNY

If you go the swivel mount route you will also want a strap kit to keep it from swinging out against your slide when you are traveling.

BTW, I had a similar layout with my dinette slide and entertainment wall in my Bullet 220RBI and it worked great when I had the dinette down to use as a kind of day bed, which was 99% of the time. Obviously, when it was set up as a dinette one person still had their back to the TV.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

When our camper was broken into a couple years back one thing he did (yes they caught the guy, 10 yr sentence) he ripped out the tv destroying the "swivel around" tv mount. We never turned it to the bedroom side and hated the way you couldn't view it from the couch. I replaced it with 1/2" cabinet grade plywood and stained it to match the rest of the wood. Then mounted the tv on a pull out mount that has a lock to keep it from comming loose during travel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180504_125647.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	18450  
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
When our camper was broken into a couple years back one thing he did (yes they caught the guy, 10 yr sentence) he ripped out the tv destroying the "swivel around" tv mount. We never turned it to the bedroom side and hated the way you couldn't view it from the couch. I replaced it with 1/2" cabinet grade plywood and stained it to match the rest of the wood. Then mounted the tv on a pull out mount that has a lock to keep it from comming loose during travel.

It sure helps to have a picture... looks like that mount on the TV is home made? I was a little nevous about a 40" TV hanging using those teeny tiny four screws used to mount it to a wall. I already have hooks that I run a bungee cord across to keep the TV in the cabinet/box place while traveling and it works fine.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

The aluminum plate is VESA adapter. The mounting arm is rated for up to 5" tv and Samsung used a much larger VESA bolt pattern than most tv's of that size. We've had it for 3 years now, 4 come Feb. and no problems. Been tested over some nasty roads and not a screw loose( at least on the tv, not so much me).
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #7
JimMach1

Very similar to the one we have in our rig you can turn it to see in the kitchen .. or the rear couch.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

UPDATE
I looked at the tvformyrv.com offerings and they were a bit on the expensive side but some had the features I liked. The one positive was that they locked for travel. I decided to go with a harborfreight.com mount due to the price mostly but it looks like it will work well. It has TWO arms that pull out and turns/tilts once outside the TV cabinet box.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tv_mount.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	18494  
Old 09-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Went camping at the Utopia River Resort over a long weekend. Wouldn't you know but my Wally box wouldn't power up... DOA when we arrived and it had worked fine in my home spot; Called on Friday afternoon and had a new one delivered to my house Monday. Pretty good but disappointed that we couldn't watch Dish over the long rainy weekend. We did have NYPD Blue DVDs and we binge watched season 1 and about 1/2 of season 2. Remember the good ol' days when a TV series had over 20 episodes a season? Anyway, the new mount worked nicely and turned the TV towards our Lazyboy love seat for comfy viewing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mount_install.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	18655   Click image for larger version

Name:	mount_install2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	18656