Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Snoking

PI EMS-HW50C with remote install

This week I install the hardwired EMS-HW50C in our new 2019 Laredo 225MK.

This is my second install on one of these and was easier that the one I installed in the dungeon of our SOB 5th wheel. That time I cut the existing 6-3 with ground cable, so all the work was in the dungeon.

This time the electrician a few sites over gave me a piece of 6-3 with ground, so I was able to install it into the PI HW50C on the bench. I then pulled out the power center after unplugging the trailer. I disconnected the feed to the power center and hooked it to the source line side of the PI HW50C while it was out on the floor.

I then move the surge protector in position behind the converter and attached to the wall.

The next step was to hook the jumper into the load center while it was still setting out of the floor. Then the while I had it out, I installed a duplex AC outlet in the wall just inside the door and connected to the circuit breaker in the load center for the optional 2 AC unit(a 22.5' TT does not need two AC's). I used #12 wire for this that is 3 feet long. So this will be a good out to run an AC heater from and I have a night light in the receptacle.

I installed the remote display above the switch panel(notched the frame the switch panel for the cable, vs another hole in the wall) and was able to shake the phone/communication cable down the wall with all the other cabling.

I then reinstall the load center.

I have another cable to snake down the wall as I have a 12V LED light to install near the bottom of the wall. I am putting it on another switch in a spare slot on the panel. This will be a night light also just inside the door when not on shore power.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180830_094958.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	18344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180831_204905.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	18345  

Tags